Turbo Buick question

turbotest

Hey guys,
havent made a post in a while, just wondering, how much do cops like turbo Buicks? i am only asking as i had a 2 door oldsmobile g-body and cops seemed to LIKE it a lot and i did not own my 84 t-type long enough to know if it was a hot item to the cops. I had my cutlass sedan and that kinda flew under the radar. Kinda of a vague question i know but the cops made owning my last 2 door 85 olds a very unpleasant experience. Thanks!

Hey guys,
havent made a post in a while, just wondering, how much do cops like turbo Buicks? i am only asking as i had a 2 door oldsmobile g-body and cops seemed to LIKE it a lot and i did not own my 84 t-type long enough to know if it was a hot item to the cops. I had my cutlass sedan and that kinda flew under the radar. Kinda of a vague question i know but the cops made owning my last 2 door 85 olds a very unpleasant experience. Thanks!

It's hit and miss. I've had thumbs up from cops and I've also noticed them looking trying to figure out what it is, then notice I have tint & no front plate :rolleyes:

Half the time they think it's an SS Monte Carlo anyways.

They will leave you alone if you leave it stock....once I started changing the appearance cops starting giving it negative attention...as in they pulled me over alot...

Jeff:
If you have to worry about what's considered rude, crude, and socially unacceptable by and to others, including law enforcement in general, well, you're just not a true turbobuick peep. In 5 turbobricks, I've never had any issues that I didn't deserve.

I'm black, so i'm not a reliable source.
Seems like a get pulled over more in my Prius though. Only once in the GN, and he just wanted to look at it.

I know that there's at least one around here who is suspicious of white boys with shaved heads driving GN's.

Pulled me over and before he asked me if I knew how fast I was going, he asked if I owned the car....then wrote me the ticket...

:mad:

Never had any problems with the buick unless I was doing something stupid lol. Now the bright red 79 trans am I have is a diffrent story!!!!! Seems like its a magnet for them! It got to the point that I went and talked to the police chief AND the sherriff of my town because it was getting to the point of harressment! I was doing nothing wrong and kept getting pulled for licence check, see if I had been drinking, etc. The d@#m car doesnt' have but 180hp how much trouble can I make if I wanted to lol. Mostly it was at 2-3 am in the morning coming home from work and I know it was, Hey red trans am, this time of morning, kid been out drinking all night, was their thoughts when they seen me but after 4 times of being stopped in less than a month I had enough!!!!!!! Daniel Ray

Jeff:
If you have to worry about what's considered rude, crude, and socially unacceptable by and to others, including law enforcement in general, well, you're just not a true turbobuick peep. In 5 turbobricks, I've never had any issues that I didn't deserve.

Gary: If i cared I would have changed it back after I was pulled over the 1st time, and yes i probably deserved being pulled over every time after that :biggrin: ...

Jeff:
I actually meant that for the OP, must have been half-asleep, oops, my bad.