Turbo Buick powered pro-touring teaser pic

Scott Atk

IMAG0230.jpg
IMAG0232.jpg
Bolted the engine and transmission together for initial mock-up in my 68 Camaro project. There's a few more pics in the Hybrid section under "First Gen F-Body" Enjoy

Very Cool Scott!

I'm glad to see your engine is going to be resurrected and re-purposed into something cool. Keep us posted on the progress!

Neal

Awesome! Manual trans should be interesting for sure. So, I see a chevy ralley wheel peeking out. Is that the platform? Curious minds want to know more... ;)

68 Camaro... check out the Hybrid section for a little more info. Unfortunately it will be a SLOW build as time/money allows.

has anyone every ran a gn engine with a manual,if so how did it run?is it a 5 or 6 speed.what do you think she is going to weigh.i think this is a bad ass project.

I think someone tried a manual back in the day and the car went slower - modern tech can get around losing boost between gears, building boost at the line etc. Should be fun!

I ran a T5 behind my 4.1 for awhile

it was cool, but something about it wasnt right because after a couple of hard pulls it would wobble out the pilot bearing bad. I have the feeling this was an indicator of crank flex.

FuzzyGN ran a T50 in his buick powered car for a long time, but he switched out to an automatic as well.

First off, I feel like I've "been there done that" with the drag racing stuff. I'm sure I'll take this car to the track and see what it will do but this will be a pro-touring style car that I want to DRIVE. I'm putting the power steering back on and installing a Vintage Air AC system, leather interior, power windows, locks, big brakes, etc.
The trans is a brand new LS style T56 Magnum rated for 700 lbs of torque with a trick billet flywheel and twin 9.5" clutch with a floater. Should be fun.

Glad to see you didn't bail on the hobby Scott. Looks like a fun project! Keep us posted with updates.

Hmmm, those headers look familiar.;)

Wow!! What an offer!! Thanks Peter.. I will be in touch. I will need an electric fan as well (I will pay of course)

Scott, looks badass!! I cant wait to see it completed.

Hows the progress on your body? Hope all is well .

Bryan

I'm doing pretty good. I have arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder scheduled for January to repair my labrum. Other than that a stiff/sore neck and back, but I aint complaining.

Scott,

Glad to hear you're recovering well. As far as the neck goes, mine is stiff most of the time too and I didn't flip my car end over end like you did. ;) I must be getting old. :rolleyes: BTW, I like your new Avatar it looks just like my car. :D

Neal

First off, I feel like I've "been there done that" with the drag racing stuff. I'm sure I'll take this car to the track and see what it will do but this will be a pro-touring style car that I want to DRIVE. I'm putting the power steering back on and installing a Vintage Air AC system, leather interior, power windows, locks, big brakes, etc.
The trans is a brand new LS style T56 Magnum rated for 700 lbs of torque with a trick billet flywheel and twin 9.5" clutch with a floater. Should be fun.

That's good to hear Scott. I am slowly doing the same with mine, minus the manual tranny. My car will have a new look in the Spring with a Pro Touring feel as well. I got a set of 18" wheels, and its gonna have a lowered stance. I agree 110% with the "I wanna DRIVE it concept". All the best with your goals for this car along with your health. I look forward to seeing your progress.