tuning for 10's

11secondgs

I am tunings for 10.90's with 93 octane with razors kit.

I run 75lb injectors, 67mm turbo, and all the right parts and a turbo tweak chip setup for this.

I need to know what 1/8th mile mph and et to tune for as well as a 1/4 mile et and mph for a 10.90's run.

I need to know things like what guys on here are doing for total timing, boost, etc...

anything you can do to help me tune safely, etc....

thanks

You will need at least 97 to 98mph in the 8th with a decent 60'...probably 1.55. or better. You will need a 6.80 to 6.90 in the 8th with a 1.55 or worse 60'. Look for 100mph in the 8th and 120+ in the quarter for a 10.90 quarter run.

dude... be for real the parts could do 10.90s easy or maybe never but your list alone wont do it without some work if those ..and I quote.. "ALL THE RIGHT PARTS".. doesn't include heads tuning knowledge practice launching and some form of datalogging .
does all the right parts include ported irons , ported aluminums , what cam ? what trans? what converter ? what tires ? transbrake ? intercooler ? how much does the car weigh?

what your asking would take a fortune teller , the tune needs to be worked up based on what your car is , when YOU reach 10.90 you're there , if your trying to dial in for a 10.90 index youll need to get there without trying so hard on the 60 that you'll spin and limit your boost to avoid running too fast

if you want a ballpark based on many runs , its going to take more than 122 in the qtr (98 1/8th) unless your car can 60 1.4s and its if on unported iron heads it'll take a miracle as only few have achieved sub 10s without ported heads

I should put my stuff in my sig so sorry. Thanks for helping me find some specs to make sure I am on the right path.

I have ported iron champions and matching intake and a 206 cam. I have a 70mm plenum, rjc intake baffle thing. I have a 109 block with billet mains and forged crowers and JE pistons.

I run a transbrake, with a 3500 stall.

I run 1.6x 60's, but about 95 in the 1/8th. I am getting close, and I thought my combo should pull 10's but I am just not there.

Maybe I will try to erk a few points of timing into the car.

I run 93 octane and a good mix of alky injection with no kr.

timing should be last , 23/21 should be plenty
get the tune straightened , i run faster than 95 in the 1/8th with a te44 at 23psi
IMO (and experience ) ported champ irons ,206 and a 67 with alky pte fmic on a 3600lb car with a 1.6 (still dont know your IC or weight )
shouldnt need more than 21 psi to reach 10.8 @125

oh and injectory duty should be about 57- 60% (assuming no fueling issues )
for 6.90 99-100 10.90 125

Thanks guys for helping. The converter is the 10" from ckperformance.

Chopper rebuilt my turbo. It is a non ball bearing. It's a 67mm with a 63 compressor.

I have a modded ecm with low impedance 75 lb injectors
I have an aluminum stretch intercooler in the stock location.

I am running exactly about 7.4 in the 1/8th, but my timing is at 21.6 degrees.

Where I think my trouble is is the mixture of fuel/alky/not enough timing/too much boost. I don't have a data logger. I should probably get one at this point, along with a new converter from art carr.

I am just using 10.90's as a benchmark. I think my combo should go faster, but to stay safe, I just want to say it runs 10's and have (some) longevity to my combo.

I am at 400' above sea level. so pretty low.
I am going to bump up the timing to 21/23 like stated, and bring in the boost and alky.

question. Are there any more numbers besides the 02 crosscounts with fast update/kr that I should look at when I tune. I do not have a wideband.

thanks for helping me, I like to learn as I go.

I think the car weights about 3700 and I weigh 250. it has power everything, plus metal added in some spots to reinforce the lowers.

If you want to tune safely you will need a Wideband O2, and some methood of data logging. I can't imagine tuning with a narrow band O2, especially when the margin of error is so small - one small tuning mistake can be very costly.

I am going to get a wideband and a datalogger. Talked to another guy who has one and now I am convinced.

One question.
What camshaft should I upgrade to if I want a rumble at idle, and maybe a touch more power. I think the 206 is a good cam, but I want to go bigger on the lift.
Can you install rollers in these motors without too much trouble? If you can, what is a good 10 second roller that might sound better at idle than a 206.

My 494 GS has a 308s which sounds awesome, so that is why I am asking. I know that v6's don't sound like 455's, but what are guys running?

you want noise get a 3" or 3.5" single shot shorty exhaust , dump it out the side or under the car ... more rumble sound than would care to drive around with ...
i actually dont like that some people hear my car and think im running a v8 and i run a full dual 2.75" system with magnaflow , strong but quite at idle , aggressive just trying to roll out and its justa flat tapper 212/208 with stock rockers
lopey comes with chevys v6s dont lope unless theres a flat lobe on the cam

im saying noise does nothing for performance ...lope isnt something a buick should have, even an aggressive cam with a restrictive exhaust will sound quiet
the 206 is fine ... you want rumble work on the exhaust side

What boost are you running the 7.40's with? I have the same turbo and I would guess your converter is a little loose as mentioned previously.