Tuning advise for new combo

Tow Man

OK Ladies and Gentlemen:rolleyes: I busted my butt and finally finished my car this weekend!

I need some tuning advise for my new combo as listed in the sig. I am running a Testa 93 chip.

Questions;

(1) What static FP for Testa chip with MSD 50's?

(2) Starting point for boost pressure with TE60 and V4?

Any opinions on what she'll run with this combo? The car is in good state of tune and ran 12.90 at 105 with stock turbo, int, inj, and TB!

Any help getting me into the ballpark would be appreciated
:D

My father's GN has almost the same combo you have.He has a stage4 turbo(60-1),16 row stock location i/c,50#lbs.MSD's.,and a 93 Testa chip.The best FP so far is @38psi vacuum line on.This yielded 18-17psi boost w/ no knock.O2's were @ 812 at WOT.This 93 Testa chip has 19*@WOT.HTH.......Good Luck!!:cool:

IMO, you have one of the best chips. I would start the FP at 41 psi. line off. I hope you have a Scanmaster or some sort of scan tool so you can see O2 and KR numbers. With 93 octane you should be able to run 15-16 psi of boost even higher if you fine tune it and have some way of seeing your O2's and KR.

Race set up with race chip, 112 or 116 octane race fuel, slicks, 25-26 psi. of boost, your set up should run low 11's. That is if everything is tuned in and you get good short times. Good luck!

I do like the Testa chip so far! It idles great and and no tip in issues as Jim promissed.

I did go for a test drive just before dark. It runs very strong and turbo lag is minimal. During installation, I set the waste gate actuator to the same length as the stock actuator thinking it would get me close to 18 psi but I will have to back it off a little!
I goosed the throttle and psi soared to 25:eek: This wasn't even WOT! Good thing I still have some 110 in the tank:D

I have an OTC scanner for now, but Scanmaster and Translator Plus set up is on the Christmas list.

Just keep those O2's around 800 and no KR. Then mash and hold on!:D Get Jim to make you a race chip. Have fun!

I'm runnin 50lb. inj. and TE 60 and Jim Testas chip. I have my boost set at 18 lbs. with 93 oct. and so far it runs strong and I don't get any knock, with fuel pressure is at 45lbs. line off. Works for me:D Tarey D.

OK, so far I have the car dialed in pretty good on 93 pump gas. I have the FP set at 40psi and boost at 22psi 1st and 2nd and drops to 18psi in 3rd gear. O2's are .800 at WOT with 0 KR:D

I'm going to the track tomorrow and would like to up the boost to 25 psi. I will be running 116 Sunoco.

Question is this, How much should I bump the FP for the additional boost? I am running a Testa street chip.

I may also try my JL race chip. any suggestions for this chip to get me in the ball park?

It's cold start with 45 psi. hose off. Being a little rich won't kill you, might not even be that rich with the temps. around here.

Get Direct Scan too. :)