Tuners

Starman

Where can I find a tuner for my 87 "T" Type with all kinds of mods? Near Lexington, Ky Thanks, Starman

My "mods"...bored, stroked,TE 60 turbo, Champion fully ported heads, Hyd roller cam,corvette MAFS...horsepower in a box controller, RJS plate,
what is a "tuner"? What is a Piano tuner? He tunes a piano....What is an engine tuner? He tunes engines....I need someone to tune my combination....and there is no one in Lex that does this....ps.u have a nice looking car

Oh, okay. By tuner, I thought you meant a scan tool or something. Do you have a scan tool? What chip are you running? Thanks for the compliment on the car, unfortunately it's a 15 footer!!

I do not have a "scan tool"....Jack Cotton sent me a chip for my combination....I do not know what it is called at the moment, but its for a TE60 with alch injection

87 "T" Type

I have a chip for a TE60 Turbo and alch injection with 60 pound inj....

Just my 2 cents....

I would learn to work on your car yourself. Its alot cheaper than paying someone to tweak it for you. This board along with a few other websites has all the information you need to learn how to tune and repair your TR. It is my opinion that most mechanics dont know how to work on/tune these cars and they will charge you an arm and a leg to do it. Use the valuable knowledge by the many board members who are more than willing to offer their step by step advice and how-tos. If you are going to keep this car for any length of time it would be wise to start investing your time into reading as much as you can about TR's.

If not you will either do one of two things: A) go broke paying someone to fix it or B) sell the car because you cant fix it yourself. Not trying to be a harda#s just stating the facts.

Welcome to the Turbo Regal Community.:)

I just got this "thing" finished and its a beast and not even tuned yet, its way to rich at the moment...it took me a year to make up my mind as to what combo I was going to run..this car should go in the 10's easily...so who on these boards do I ask how to tune and what do I need to tune it with? and also..what kind of oil pressure do you have at hot and idle?

That's good advice from 87NAT. I had absoletely no knowledge of turbo Buicks when I bought my first GN about 2 years ago. I spent hours just reading threads on this site.

There's not a "go to" person for your questions. There are probably several dozen "tuning" threads on here that have already answered the questions that you have asked. You just have to do some reading on this and the other tech forums. But if you just want someone to get it running right, there's Lonnie at Extreme Automatics in Cincy Extreme Automatics Where winning is easy

This is the first time I have ever posted anything on this board. I have just been reading and learning for the past 2 years. I live in Georgetown, Ky. and I am in no way a master tuner, but I am in Lexington all the time at cruises and shows, and at Clay City dragstrip. Just thought we might cross paths some time. I have an 87gn and would like to be able to talk turbo buicks with someone instead of small block chevys all the time. Also this board is the best, I can not tell you all the questions answered and problems solved just by reading this board. There is some really smart guys on this site, so I also agree with 87 NAT. I always do my own wrenching, but have have learned A LOT, and still have a long way to go. Good luck and maybe we will cross paths sometime.

My name is david..u can call me at 333 1509 any time.....I know nothing abiut tuning my car,...

You know where nicholasville is...

I've got this old, half dead '86 GN that I am trying to save. I picked up a used multichip unit and a burner from moates.net. If you get the chip selector, I can burn what ever you want done. The old tunercat has a *demo* that can get reinstalled every 30 days and I have the def for the turbo buicks. Pick up a scan tool like the powerlogger or a cheap used directscan system. Right now I am just using winaldl which is free.

This is the chip setup I use and picked up some 29256 chips from moates.net. Just get to where you can log data and we can go from there. The 8 position chip I found was only $25 in the for sale section.

I just got this "thing" finished and its a beast and not even tuned yet, its way to rich at the moment...it took me a year to make up my mind as to what combo I was going to run..this car should go in the 10's easily...so who on these boards do I ask how to tune and what do I need to tune it with? and also..what kind of oil pressure do you have at hot and idle?

You need to see data in order to tune your car. Since your running a stock ECM, you can invest in either a scan master, direct scan or turbo link to start.
If you want to get more serious, you need to get some type of wide band O2 meter such as the Innovate or FAST wide band meter.

Robert, its me...David (Starman) small world isn't it! OK fella's in the Lex area, Robert knows his stuff, I am an old racer who cannot bend and stoop anymore, so he is working on my 87 "T" Type, I now have met Robert and he is 100% straight....he has worked on these buicks 20 years and he knows what he is talking about, and he can HELP!!!!
My car is in his capable hands now, and I cannot thank him enough....
I watched his car go 9:72 and that was on 23 #'s of boost....I was so impressed!!!! He is building me a 10:80 or so street car and I know without a doubt it will do that as he has already done that with a lesser combo than he is building for me....if you need him, just ask. Starman