TunerPro RT

tscruggs

1KWIKGN
A computer guy down here highly stresses using TunerPro. Why do most GNs run scanmaster? How come nobody uses TunerPro? Curious...

Because ti also requires the proper supporting files that allow it to communicate with the host ECM. I'm not totally sure if those files exist that recognize our particular ECM as it is. And besides, you'd have to hook into the ALDL stream, and that wouldn't be the ideal situation only seeing on data point every 1.5 seconds. At least the Scanmaster, while not being a logger like Tuner Pro, is faster now days.

With all that said, there are supporting files built that allow Tuner Pro RT to be run with the Translator Pro which makes it nice for data logging off the Translator Pro, and making online or offline changes to the Translator Pro bin file/tune. But that's a limited amount of data logging, simply because it will only see what the Translator Pro is hooked to in the ECM.

The absolute best data logger we can use is the Powerlogger. It sees ALL because it's mounted directly to the ECM's address and data buss. Far superior to Tuner Pro RT etc. Even when I was using Tuner Pro RT, I did the majority of my data logging with powerlogger.

Your computer guy recommends Tuner Pro because he doesn't have access to something as powerful as the Powerlogger!!!!