Tune slowing me down?

FastB

Mods are in my sig. I've got a TT chip and it is just the canned tune it comes with...no custom tuning at all.
It runs great with zero knock...would a custom tune make a noticable difference?
Here's the deal...my dad and I went to a cruise-in last night...he was driving the GN and I was in my 392 SRT8 Challenger (basically stock). We were messing around on the way and we did a 60mph roll...the hemi got the jump then the boost came on but the GN couldn't pass me...just stayed even...dad claims he was slowly pulling me in...but the GN should have killed the SRT!
I did get a jump on him but that should have been over come pretty fast.
Is the canned tune from TT super fat and actually slowing the car down some? Its running 25#'s of boost.
I'm sure from a dig the GN would have the advantage. Thoughts?
For what it's worth, the SRT is capable of mid to high 12's stock (w/driver mod)...the GN should be low 11's or faster.

if the car is fat the wideband will show it,got to look at it.personally I think the 70 mm turbo on the stock cam/motor besides a little porting on the head is your problem.

if the car is fat the wideband will show it,got to look at it.personally I think the 70 mm turbo on the stock cam/motor besides a little porting on the head is your problem.
I agree...it makes good power but the lag might be killing it...u can count to 3 before the boost comes on...of course then it comes on strong...most races don't last that long tho.

you need data to figure it out but the buicks never have been good from a roll. Most of their torque is below 3500 RPM.

stopwatch the car with the 70 on your roll run,then put the smaller turbo on and time the run again.very easy to see acceleration behavior.

Have you actually run it at the track? That's the best place to fiddle with the tune. With the powerlogger you should be able to see what you need to do to zero in on the tune.