TTA's in the NFRA

We are still negotiating with a couple of tracks. We hope to be ready to announce date and place by the end of this week!

Thanks for your interest!

A factory stock TTA will be disquailifed because of this rule.

EFI: Minimum engine vacuum at 1000 rpm is 18 in./Hg as measured at intake manifold.
Vacuum pumps prohibited.
Solid cams prohibited.

I think a stock cam pulls 15-16 at idle.

Originally posted by TTA89
A factory stock TTA will be disquailifed because of this rule.

EFI: Minimum engine vacuum at 1000 rpm is 18 in./Hg as measured at intake manifold.
Vacuum pumps prohibited.
Solid cams prohibited.

I think a stock cam pulls 15-16 at idle.

Well that's no good. Can someone with a stock car please verify this, as well as a measurement at 1000 rpm?

Thanks!

Yeah the vacuum rule will put a TTA out,other thanthat it seems like a great class, can see a TTA easily running 11.80's or better with these rules.

One thing though,scince most of,if not all of these cars are street cars might I suggest following IHRA rules as far as rollcages which should be needed for 11.49 and quicker cars,rather than 11.99.I'd love to grab one of my cars out of the garage and compete with a few bolt on's,but would not be willing to throw a cage in an 11.70-11.90 car,especilly scince it is not my primary race car.Just a thought.

On a different subject,Mike I'm sorry I havent gotten back to you on the subframe but my computer has been messed up lately(I realised the hard way that I should stick to modding cars).Anyway I havent been able t find my old subframe,it may hve been thrown out but either way it's to cold to look for it.If you want I can send you the weight and any other info,pics,installed pics,ect of the tbular subframe.Let me know.

Steve