TTA TT-op/Leather 16k miles, fully documented many extras

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Never thought I'd be selling this car, but here goes...
1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am For Sale!
Car has just over 16k miles and I’ve owned it since Jan. 2001 when it had only 5k miles on it.
Car’s history is fully documented. I have letters the original owner had written to GM and basically a diary of his day to day contacts with the dealer trying to get one of these cars when they became available. Also a Thank You letter from the salesman.
This is a T-top/Leather car, one of 1324 with those options out of a total of 1555 built. This is #426.
I am the 3rd owner, 2nd owner was a car collector and dealer and never titled the car. A little about the 2nd owner, he was the owner of Laflorza which build the Monster Miata, putting 5.0L Ford motors in Miatas. He owned the car from ’99-2001. Original owner only sold the car because they moved out to the country and there were too many dirt roads to drive down to get the car out, I verified this with the original owner who’s name is all over the documentation I have.
For those that do not know, this has the Buick turbo 6-cylinder motor that became famous in the Grand National / GNX. 250hp / 340tq with full WS6 suspension.

Everything works perfectly on the car, even the antenna, and it has been garage kept its entire life and is a 9.8 of 10 car easily. A/C and hatch motor work perfectly.

The only thing not OEM on the car that I don’t still have is the rear spoiler which was prone to cracking and due to the Texas heat didn’t take long. The replacement is a fiberglass OEM replica, can’t tell the difference until you knock on it, the original was a solid foam and was extremely heavy.

The ECM chip has been changed as the factory chip has way too much timing for todays fuel, I do have the OEM chip which goes with the car.

Has a custom TTA hoodliner, the OEM one was rather ugly under the hood from the factory, but I have it in the packaging the custom one came in and it too goes with the car.

For theft preventative, the VIN# has been etched into all of the windows.

There is a small 1/8 scratch on the hood and that is pretty much the only blemish, see pics.
The underside is as clean as the top and is in show condition underneath.

When I purchased this car, I never intended to be getting rid of it and intended to drive it on nice days to shows etc. Given that, I did install a transmission drain plug for ease of changing the trans fluid.

Full owners kit goes with the car, this in itself is worth over $1300+, as well as several articles and brochures I have collected through the years. See pics.
Also have the original Nebraska license plate that was issued for the car, as well as the not installed front license plate frame.
Included also is a 1:18 scale die cast model of the car.
Have Custom floor mats with both emblems and the car #426 embroidered on the mats, see pics. OEM mats also come with car.

I also have a large custom show poster that is framed that I used at shows, the pic and window sticker on poster is the actual car and window sticker, see pics.

The only reason I am parting with this car is I acquired a hardtop/cloth TTA a few years ago and I really do not need 2.
Price is $22,900 firm, please do not waste my time if you feel this is not a fair price given the complete documentation on its history.

I have pictures of just about any part of the car including anything underneath for those not familiar with it, just ask for what you need to see specifically and I’ll send it.
Email or PM with any questions or contact info, rather not post my ph# on public forums due to ad scanners and scams etc.

Thanks

Exterior:
DSCN2876.jpg

DSCN2843.jpg

DSCN2844.jpg

DSCN2845.jpg

DSCN2853.jpg

DSCN2852.jpg

DSCN2849.jpg

DSCN2848.jpg

DSCN2846.jpg

DSCN2856.jpg

DSCN2855.jpg

DSCN2854.jpg

TTA-calendar.jpg

This is the only major scratch on the exterior:
DSCN2850.jpg

Door sills and Vin#
DSCN2875.jpg

DSCN2874.jpg

Hatch Vin#
DSCN2873.jpg

DSCN2871.jpg

PS Door VIN
DSCN2870.jpg

DS Door Plate:
DSCN2868.jpg

Hood Vin tag:
DSCN2867.jpg

DSCN2865.jpg

VIN tag under rear bumper:
DSCN2650.jpg

Interior:
DSCN2872.jpg

DSCN2858.jpg

DS bloster which usually wears easily:
DSCN2774.jpg

DSCN2778.jpg

Underside:
DSCN2634.jpg

DSCN2649.jpg

DSCN2641.jpg

DSCN2622.jpg

DSCN2631.jpg

DSCN2624.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN2656.jpg

DSCN2657.jpg

DSCN2684.jpg

DSCN2677.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg

DSCN2666.jpg

DSCN2754.jpg

There are factory tags all over this cars underside, this one amazed me it was still there on the front PS brake assembly:
DSCN2703.jpg

Engine Compartment:
DSCN2768-1.jpg

DSCN2863.jpg

DSCN2862.jpg

DSCN2864.jpg

DSCN2861.jpg

Custom Hoodliner:
DSCN2859.jpg

DSCN2689.jpg

Extra Items, floor mats, show sign, die cast, Indy plate, front license frame, and T-top liners:
DSCN2879.jpg

DSCN2881.jpg

All documentation and letters from original owner, sales receipt, window sticker, etc:
DSCN2883.jpg

More brochures and dealer items:
DSCN2885.jpg

Owners Kit:
DSCN2887.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Engine Compartment:
DSCN2768-1.jpg

DSCN2863.jpg

DSCN2862.jpg

DSCN2864.jpg

DSCN2861.jpg

Custom Hoodliner:
DSCN2859.jpg

DSCN2689.jpg

Extra Items, floor mats, show sign, die cast, Indy plate, front license frame, and T-top liners:
DSCN2879.jpg

DSCN2881.jpg

All documentation and letters from original owner, sales receipt, window sticker, etc:
DSCN2883.jpg

More brochures and dealer items:
DSCN2885.jpg

Owners Kit:
DSCN2887.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very very nice! glws

Very nice! Gotta be the best TTA for sale i have seen on these boards. Well worth the asking price too, especially with all the extras.

Beautiful car...Did rear disc come standard on TTA's
Yes, I believe with the WS6 package which was standard on the TTA is why. My '79 with the WS6 has disc's also on rear.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments, prices on these are all over the place but haven't seen one as well documented as this one and hence the firm pricing.

Guess I should mention the battery is not OEM, its an Optima Red, but if you prefer a AC Delco, I can swap it with the one in my HT car.

That price is low if you ask me. That car is super clean. Put it on Flea bay with 30k reserve and see where it goes. Alot more eyes will see it. I wish I had the money and the space. Good luck with the sale.

Nice TA.. will she pass inspection? i noticed most pics were from Jan so maybe you already had her inspected.. nice to see its in Texas for a change.. everything i find is out of state when i buy it.. what major city are you near without giving away your exact location. thanks man!

Nice TA.. will she pass inspection? i noticed most pics were from Jan so maybe you already had her inspected.. nice to see its in Texas for a change.. everything i find is out of state when i buy it.. what major city are you near without giving away your exact location. thanks man!
I'm in the DFW area. Why would you think it wouldn't pass inspection since its an unmolested car aside from the lower timing at WOT chip?? Was just inspected and smog tested back in Sept.

Sorry that came out wrong; i've had problems getting inspections on out of state cars..

Just was glad to see a TX car.

No offense meant.. good looking car maybe i'll be able to check out your car in April if it doesn't sell

Can vote for this one looking even better in the flesh as I've seen the car when we had a small get together a number of years back in Dallas and Rob defenitly takes care of his cars that's for sure.

Bargin for someone looking for a really nice, low milage, fully documented TTA !

Thanks for the kind words Jan, hope you can get back down here again!

I must reiterate that my pricing is firm, I will take no less. I was offered unto $22.5 today that I will not accept.
This car is worth every bit compared to others that are for sale, you will not find one better documented with the extras.

2QUICK6 - I might wanna come by and check this out on the way back from Powertour if you are going to be around.
Scott, not a prob, I'm actually going up to meet up with the Power Tour in Miami,OK and will be there down to Grand Prairie on Friday evening. I'll be in the GN not the TTA, but you're welcome to come check it out either Friday night or Saturday if you are in town. I'm about 25-30 miles west of where the tour ends. I'll PM you my #.