TTA Rims

eleon

Are the Pontiac TA mesh rims simular to the GNX rims in backspace?

If so, what are the difference of the the rims......:confused:

TA fronts are Zero offset (about 4.3" BS) and TA rears are Offset about .75" for about 5" of BS.

GNX wheels have negative offset of about 1/2" (about 3.8" BS) for fronts and about 1" (about 3.4" BS) for rears.

So none are the same, though the TA fronts are only about 1/2" different in offset from GNX fronts.

Visually '86-89 TA wheel centers are the same design and are made by the same company as GNX wheels. Later TA wheels have a slightly different design where the spoke meets the rim than a GNX wheel.

This should help ur dilemma !!

Are the Pontiac TA mesh rims simular to the GNX rims in backspace?

If so, what are the difference of the the rims......:confused:

I have a set of wire hubcaps I'll give u 4 free ! :p :biggrin:

Emailed Classic Industries today for information on GTA wheels. They will sell you 4 fronts for $165.00 each. Sweet deal considering Kirbans are $100.00 more. Classic's don't include hardware but that should be cheap enough.

Emailed Classic Industries today for information on GTA wheels. They will sell you 4 fronts for $165.00 each. Sweet deal considering Kirbans are $100.00 more. Classic's don't include hardware but that should be cheap enough.

In stock? if so that's amazing.

I thought Classic Industries stopped making these years ago?

Actually does anybody know if Classic industries where the wheels classic industries came from way back when? Did they have them made or who did they get them from? Just curious.

I thought Classic Industries stopped making these years ago?

Actually does anybody know if Classic industries where the wheels classic industries came from way back when? Did they have them made or who did they get them from? Just curious.

Classic Industry wheels are made buy JWC, the same manufacturer as the original GTA's.

I emailed Classic Industries as well and was told a higher price... $190. Kinda lame that they can't keep their prices straight.

The wheels from Classic Industries are the GTA look-alikes that have the flat round spot around the lug nut flange, correct? I don't think they look as good as real GTAs but it's not a bad price.

I emailed Classic Industries as well and was told a higher price... $190. Kinda lame that they can't keep their prices straight.

The wheels from Classic Industries are the GTA look-alikes that have the flat round spot around the lug nut flange, correct? I don't think they look as good as real GTAs but it's not a bad price.

No.

The classic wheels are identical to the GNX wheels in the lug area.

Kirban's and Enkei's have the flat face near the lugs.

The only difference between Classic wheels and 86-89' GTA's is they have "dimples" in the spokes where the spoke meets the rim, like the later TA wheels had.

Classic Industries - GTA's

I have photos of new Classic front wheels (purchased in 2002) for which I am selling and have a sale pending. The wheels are still in my possession so I can get any photo or dimension that you would like. I haven't posted here 4X so I can't attach them here just yet. I believe that the bs from the hub to the edge of the wheel is 4.5". I can e-mail photos if anyone needs them.

I have photos of new Classic front wheels (purchased in 2002) for which I am selling and have a sale pending. The wheels are still in my possession so I can get any photo or dimension that you would like. I haven't posted here 4X so I can't attach them here just yet. I believe that the bs from the hub to the edge of the wheel is 4.5". I can e-mail photos if anyone needs them.

I'll PM you my email address so I can see what the Classic Industries wheels look like. And let me know if that pending sale goes through.

The classic wheels are identical to the GNX wheels in the lug area.

Thanks for clearing that up, maybe I will buy from them now that I know they don't have that flat lug area.

the price went up because two people asked about them- demand went up, and the supply stayed the same.
i need a good front wheel, but i'm afraid to inquire about one, since that would make 3 peoplethat want one, and would cause the price to go up..
anyone got a decent black front wheel they want to get rid of?? i'll trade a complete set of 4 rears for one good front...

the price went up because two people asked about them- demand went up, and the supply stayed the same.
i need a good front wheel, but i'm afraid to inquire about one, since that would make 3 peoplethat want one, and would cause the price to go up..
anyone got a decent black front wheel they want to get rid of?? i'll trade a complete set of 4 rears for one good front...

Yeah it sure seems that way. Well they have a Price Match policy, I'll call them on it and say they should honor the price quote that they just gave someone else a day or so ago. If they will sell them for $165 they can have my money, if they want to play around and try to squeeze $100 more out of me, they can keep their wheels.

I don't think that Classic Industries has manufactured, had manufactured for them, or procured any of the GNX look-a-like wheels since about Y2K or before. What you bought, if you bought and received those wheels from Classic Industires is/ was probably old stock still remaining in inventory. Nobody has received any of those wheels from Classic in years. And I don't think that Classic, or anybody for that matter is making brand new GNX style rims other than Kirban's and Brian @ GBodyParts.com. However, Classic refuses to take them off of their on-line catalogue due to the high # of calls they get regarding them. I am sure that all of the companies that used to manufacture those rims no longer have the centers, or access to where they used to buy the centers. No centers, no new manufactured rims. Unless Brian at GBodyParts.com has some made, we will probably never be able to buy them new again. Just my $.02 worth, no flaming intended, but I have seen this topic come up on the net at least several times a year with the same results. No new manufactured GNX style Rims, other than Kirban's, and I would never buy the plate look ones either. So if you think that you can get new ones from Classic Industries for any price, I am very doubtful. lacking is not the outside rim material, it is the cast centers.

Classic refuses to take them off of their on-line catalogue due to the high # of calls they get regarding them.

So if you think that you can get new ones from Classic Industries for any price, I am very doubtful.

Well I can't find them on their online catalog, maybe they aren't there anymore?

I've heard in the past about Classic not really having the wheels in stock but it seems strange that they would actually answer our emails and say that they do have them.

Well I can't find them on their online catalog, maybe they aren't there anymore?
I've heard in the past about Classic not really having the wheels in stock but it seems strange that they would actually answer our emails and say that they do have them.
I do not want to be rude, crude, and socially unacceptable, but if Classic actually had them in stock, don't you think that there are enough peeps wanting them that somebody on this forum would get on here and state that they just bought some and show pictures.
If you think that they actually have some in stock, if you have a cell phone then it is a free call for you to call them tomrrow morning, tell them that you are on the way over to purchase some, and how many do they have in stock, and see how the response changes.
If you haven't already voted on the thread hot-linked below, please do so. Brian is going to make something soon, and your vote will help him confirm that he is on the right track.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/sh...-aluminum-gn-rims-new-10-t-rims-gnx-rims.html

They were listed on their catalogue up until less than a year ago, but when you went to order them, a note stated "currently unavailable".
Not strange to me, retail stores do it all the time to get people into their stores in hopes that customers will buy something else. You have never had somewhere claim a low ball price and then when you get there, the low ball item is suddenly and mysteriously already sold out. Happens to me frequently in different retail stores. Especially ones that don't offer "raincheck coupons" to get the item when it gets back in stock.

I understand what you're saying that more people would buy from Classic if they really had the wheels. I was just pointing out that they aren't even listed in the online catalog anymore, and the only way to know about them is by emailing. I was already thinking of calling them this week so we'll see. I understand your suspicion that they don't actually have the wheels but they're offering to take our money for them... they're not exactly some fly-by-night company and if I have emails proving that they said "in stock"... I could easily go after them if I didn't get my product.

I've seen that thread about having new GBParts wheels made but haven't heard any updates about it and I'm sure they won't be cheap, a set of their GTA wheels is already $1200 plus cores.

I understand what you're saying that more people would buy from Classic if they really had the wheels. I was just pointing out that they aren't even listed in the online catalog anymore, and the only way to know about them is by emailing. I was already thinking of calling them this week so we'll see. I understand your suspicion that they don't actually have the wheels but they're offering to take our money for them... they're not exactly some fly-by-night company and if I have emails proving that they said "in stock"... I could easily go after them if I didn't get my product.
I've seen that thread about having new GBParts wheels made but haven't heard any updates about it and I'm sure they won't be cheap, a set of their GTA wheels is already $1200 plus cores.
There has been some recent activity on Brian's thread and we will see if something works out. He has a preliminary quote for 17" newly designed GTA style rims.
Classic would never take any money I am sure, I think that they have some inverted sense of humor on this subject. This has been going on for at least a few years. I am sure if you do a search under Classic you will fing at least a few similiar threads. Should ask for a picture of their recently manufactured GTA style rim just to make sure that it is the same rim. If Classic had these rims in stock, people would be camping out on their doorstep to take delivery.
Here's another source of remanufactured GTA style rims.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/236277-16-x10-gnx-style-wheels.html

I think that I would really like to try a set of 17" GTA rims if Brian makes some. I noticed a big step in suspension, handling, & cornering improvement when I went from standard 16" Turbo-T rims & tires to 16" GTA style rims & tires, mainly due to the extra inch in dia. I think that 17"-18" would be about optimum for handling on a suspension prepped Turbo Buick.