Drilling for larger wheel studs 5/8"

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I have a set on GN aluminum repo wheels. I'm looking to install the wheels on a 9" ford rear end I recently acquired.
The 9" has 5/8" drive studs and the aluminum GN rims only accept 1/2" studs.
Has anyone tried to drill these rims for larger studs, with success?
If there drilled, does using them on 1/2" stud axle a no go?
Might be going down the path of getting different rims that accept the larger studs?

Before drilling your GN rims, check the hub diameter (the middle part of the axle) to make sure it'll go through the wheel. If the diameter doesn't fit, don't drill and ruin your wheels!
Claude.

Yes the GN rims have a much larger
center opening compared to the axle center hub.

If there drilled, does using them on 1/2" stud axle a no go?
Check the od of a shank style lug nut that uses a flat washer.
I have used the drill fixtures for either changing the pattern or drilling for drive studs.
I use an undersized bit, then finish drill with a core drill. The core drill leaves a nice finish and doesn't grab or chatter. We used them to drill cast cored holes to size. IE: cylinder heads.

What size wheels are you using? 16 or 18 inch wheels?

If they are 18 inch wheels you will need a 3 inch length stud to attach those correctly, Three threads (literally) are not enough to attach the wheel correctly. Unless you have a death wish and want to see your rear wheels flying ahead of you one day.

The GN aluminum repo wheels are 15". I'd like to post some pics but still says server error. Also one file was top large.