TTA Owners Kit sold on ebay

Do you really think its worth the cost though? I was bidding on the one on ebay and got out bidded by $10. However I am sorta kind glad I didn't win it, because I think there are other priorities that come first in regards to restoring my TTAs.

Do you really think its worth the cost though? I was bidding on the one on ebay and got out bidded by $10. However I am sorta kind glad I didn't win it, because I think there are other priorities that come first in regards to restoring my TTAs.

Do I think they are really worth it? In all reality probably not but the contents will definitely all up to a few dollars...decal kit $200, key chain $20-$30, leather booklet case ~$50, TTA booklet, advertisers cassette, etc. all add up plus a good condition box easily takes it to $500 ish then account for the rarity. If you are concerned about having a complete package TTA then the "Owners Kit" is a must...in the past this has pushed them to well over $1,000. I have watched auctions since I purchased mine back in 2005 and like mentioned don't think I have ever seen one even close to the $500/$600 range...closest was a empty box that went for over $600...that was when I pretty much gave up. LOL
I recently acquired a VERY NICE complete owners kit that I will display at shows and will put it away with my other TTA specific collectibles which will all be passed on to my son when I'm gone...what he chooses to do with them is up to him.

The one I just purchased was complete and in much better condition but I considered bidding on this one as well just to hang on to and flip since it was so low at the end of the auction...I have seen some auctions hit $1500 over the years.

I sold mine a few years ago for 750
Overrated in my book.... Im not a collector type person tho. I had a pretty big collection years ago and sold it all with #14.
My logic is: If you think these cars/collectibles are going to bring you money one day... You probably should have studied harder in college.
Have fun with what these cars are made for....Racing.
I will have more fond memories actually working on and racing my TTA than ANY collector that has a TTA for an investment. This is my "Bad Debt" and I will enjoy every minute of it..lol

I plan on using one of my TTA's for show and the others for fun. So I'm just a bit hesitant about spending money on collectibles right now. I rather wait until the hard work is done before splurging on a owner's kit or other items. However I would like to own at least one owners kit one day. I would just like it to be 100% complete.

I plan on using one of my TTA's for show and the others for fun. So I'm just a bit hesitant about spending money on collectibles right now. I rather wait until the hard work is done before splurging on a owner's kit or other items. However I would like to own at least one owners kit one day. I would just like it to be 100% complete.

Sounds like a good plan...
So... how many are you planning to keep?:rolleyes:

Yeah I've wanted an owners kit since I purchased my car 11 years ago. I found out the previous owner pretty much lied to me saying he didn't have it or anything else TTA related. Caught him selling a bunch of stuff on ebay a few months later. Even contacted him and said I'd buy all his stuff outside of eBay since he only lived a few miles away. He wouldn't reply to any of my messages. Found out he sold the owners kit and 20th Anniversary ignition wires too. I just purchased a perfect complete Owners Kit last week and am very happy with it. My car is now miles away from stock and more of a street legal race car but will also see shows so I'll use the owners kit for that otherwise I'll store it away.

Well if I have the $ laying around it wouldn't be to purchase a kit. I would rather spend it on NOS items that are tta specific or ta that are pretty sure to climb in price. I just don't see the big deal with a kit.

I just picked one up and its 100% complete. Is it worth it? Well, if time travel is invented soon, then no. However, I think my money is safer investing in an owners kit than the stock market. Sometimes that is how you have to look at this kind of stuff.

It's more of a novelty than anything since most of the contents will never be used, but if you have other original items for the car like paperwork, etc then I can see wanting one. However, I would just leave it at home as a display item in a cabinet or bookcase and not take it to shows as items like that tent to "walk away".