TTA Now An Orphan Car

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
I hoped I'd never see the day that a Pontiac would become an orphan car. I can't say I'm surprised at this move by GM. They've (GM) been slowly killing Pontiac with their policies since the 80's.

Let's hear some opinions from other Pontiac guys. Do you think most TTA owners are Pontiac lovers, or Turbo Buick fans more so? I have a 88 GTA and a '73 Formula as stable mates for the TTA.

I am a Buick lover, but hate to see any GM product get cut..The economy will come up sooner or later. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Jason

Pontiac lover, always have been. I really like the Buick's as well, but if I had to choose one, it would be Pontiac.

It's a shame, even though it doesn't surprise me, and could sort of see it coming, it still disappoints me now that it's official. My favorite car is the T/A, it was bad enough when they killed it off, now the whole Pontiac division!

I am a car lover. All makes (american/import) and models (2-door/4-door/convertible/wagon...).

But I have always loved the Trans Am (1969-2002) and what Pontiac once stood for - PERFORMANCE.

Car Lover

In the past 9 years I've owned the following:

1993 Pontiac Trans Am
74 Ford Gran Torino
2000 Ford Lightning
1966 Sunbeam Tiger
2002 Ford Boss 5.4 F150
1987 Buick Grand National
1991 GMC Syclone
1992 GMC Typhoon
1987 Buick GNX #485
2005 Chrysler Crossfire
1990 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette
1986 Buick Grand National
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
2008 Jeep Compass Rallyee Edition
2000 BMW 528
2006 Scion xB
2005 Ford F150 King Ranch Supercrew
2002 Audi TT Convetible
1989 Pontiac TTA #345

I'm not particular to any brand as long as the car (or truck) is alot of fun to own and drive

I think I bought the TTA more for the GN engine than I did the rest of the car. I love driving the TTA, but I loved driving my GN's also

Even though I get the occasional thumbs up and comments on the TTA, nothing I have owned comes close to the daily comments & thumbs up I got when I drove the GN

To many cars, to little time

Later

Ray

I just sold my 68 firebird (too many cars to keep) I was hard seeing it go:( , but I do love driving my GN and GS 455 4sp. car:cool:
Is GM killing the Pont. line of cars:confused:

I just don't get all the R&D that went into the G8 was for nothing?:confused: So much for companies making after market parts for those cars now.

My guess is most TTA owners are more Pontiac guys than Buick guys. I am in pain about Pontiac dying. I love my GN, but Pontiac in general has always had better looking cars than other makes in my opinion. I will always have love for the 92 Bonneville S/C that I put 220,00 miles on. That car still rode and ran great when I sold it a year ago. I loved the look and feel. Pissed quite a few "faster cars" off from light to light. RIP:(

Pontiac lover, always have been. I really like the Buick's as well, but if I had to choose one, it would be Pontiac.

It's a shame, even though it doesn't surprise me, and could sort of see it coming, it still disappoints me now that it's official. My favorite car is the T/A, it was bad enough when they killed it off, now the whole Pontiac division!
+1 That's what happens when you let the government get into free enterprise. I do not beleave in that. They can't run a government efficiently so how can they tell private enterprise anything.:confused:

I've owned a bunch of Pontiac's starting with a 77 LeMans Sports Coupe that I loved to death. I also had a 77 Can Am, Trans Am's, Formula's, and my TTA. I always liked Ponitac because they were the brand of GM that they would always try different styles that actually worked that people liked. I do think the TTA was the best combo of car and engine they ever came out with. You really had the perfect car with the perfect drivetrain. Olds going away did really nothing for their value going forward and I'm sure Pontiac going away won't change things for the TTA's value.

I just don't get all the R&D that went into the G8 was for nothing?:confused: So much for companies making after market parts for those cars now.

Almost no R&D went into the G8...it is a re-badged holden from Australia.

It is ignorance that is killing GM and not the economy. If they would stop and listen to what their dealers/consumers wanted we would have been a stong enough company to weather an economic storm.

They killed the Bonneville and Grand Prix which were the top selling models. Those are bread and butter cars to bring out niche vehicles like the G8 and Solstice. It goes back to their unrelenting determination to beat foreign car makers (G8 going after BMW and Solstice to compete with Miata) and completely overlooking the loyal customers they had.

Buick is a very strong brand overseas so it will stay around. GM is doing their best to kill it though. In the US Buick is sold to older client and GM has always been trying to change that market appeal to younger buyers. They quit offering white wall tires 7 years ago and the new 2010 Lacrosse doesn't offer a bench seat. This may sound trivial to us but in the eyes of MOST Buick buyers that bench seat/column shift is necessary. Big mistake GM. Big mistake. Don't piss off thousands of loyal buyers.

TTA's have always been step children

If anything, this will help TTA values. Or, maybe nothing will. They are still fabulous cars and will be loved by purists whether they grow in value or not. Most of the remaining cars are drivers and no longer very collectable anyway.

Pontiac people have been predjudiced against the choice of the LC2 engine, and Buick people have been down on the rest of the car. No real changes here :)

The only thing you can count on in this life is CHANGE! I suspect this change will soon be eclipsed by some huge changes in our US/Canadian automobile manufacturing cartels.

pretty much word for word what I would have said...I am very sad and angry it had to come to this...it truly is a shame :frown:

I've always like the pontiac designs over other cars, although I have not owned alot.

Hopefully after things settle maybe they will have a re-birth??