New Guy from New Jersey

SpeedRacerX

Hello Everyone,

Been lurking here for some time. Seems like a good group of people here so I decided to join. Definitely a car guy. I currently drive a Silver 2009 Pontiac G8 GT with bolt-ons and a bunch of other mods. Runs 12.7s on street tires which isn't bad for a 4,000# 4-door. 95,000 miles and I love this car. Will probably keep it forever.

So, why am I here?

Let's start with the past and my Grand National school of hard knocks stories. 1) back in the day, after my '86 IROC, I had an '88 Vette with minor mods that could take most modern street cars of the day from stoplight to stoplight (did a lot of that back in my younger dumber days) except these darn black Grand Nationals! GN's gave me all kinds of fits. So, I've always been drawn to them. 2) Right before I bought my Vette, I took my Father to see this GNX at a Buick dealer in Cherry Hill, NJ. I was making very good money back then and had to decide between the GNX or the Vette. My Father talked me out of the GNX so I bought the Vette. That's the only thing in life I am mad at my Father. Just kidding.

Fast forward 20+ years, I was so happy to have the G8 - an LS-based American muscle, GM vehicle (well, Holden really) with size and quality, power, etc. Boy, I've had a lot of fun with this car the past 5 years.

But I am now at the point where the G8 may move to weekend duty or become the toy.

At some point, I will buy a 87 GN as a fun car. Just a matter of time till one of these bad boys is in my stable.

So now I wait in hopeful anticipation that perhaps GM will come through with a new GN or GNX.

So, whether it's a new GN or an older GN, I thought it would be good to jump on this forum, say hello and start learning & contributing.

I look forward to meeting you here. I have thousands of posts on a couple other forums for the G8, plus the CTS-V (the only other car I'll probably consider if a new GN doesn't happen) and a few other car forums.

Welcome to the site. We have a few Cad-V owners here too. Go to some of the Turbo Buick shows in your area and get a ride. You'll be hooked. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

Mike Barnard

Welcome nnj here also spoolfool2 is right that's how I got turned out took a ride with a friend and here we are lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app