TTA for sale or trade for '87 GN

360chris

1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am Official Festival Indy 500 Pace Car #11 of 150.

Original Califonia car located in upstate NY.

Very rare and super clean, original white, camel cloth int., [1 of only 150 Festival Cars all produced with cloth interior - all festival cars were at the Indy 500 during the race, on display, pictured on the track and offered for sale to GM employees first], posi rear, air conditioning, original aluminum GTA wheels, AM/FM Radio cassette with steering wheel controls, cruise control, power locks, power windows, rear defogger, tilt wheel, factory 1LE Performance suspension & brakes. Original owners kit, Pontiac Historical Society documentation, original 20th anniversary wires, original Goodyear gaterback tires [were taken off at 16k], original cat back exhaust with flowmaster muffler and original dual chrome tips. This TTA has been well taken care of and is super clean everywhere. It looks and drives very much like a low mile version. Drive this rare collector muscle car for less than market value.

TTA factory specs: 3.8L, SFI Turbo V6, 4-Speed Automatic Transmission, Special posi rear, factory 1LE Performance suspension & brakes; GTA level III WS6 4 wheel disc 1LE brakes [large 12" vented front with dual-piston aluminum calipers]; larger 1LE 36mm front and 24mm rear stabilizer bars, larger baffled 18-gallon fuel tank, quick ratio power steering with special valving, cross-drilled crankshaft for improved internal oiling, 20th T/A cylinder head provides more efficient combustion chambers and added exhaust port flow, air conditioning, original aluminum GTA gold diamond spoke wheels in excellent shape, AM/FM Radio cassette with EQ and steering wheel controls, cruise control, power locks, power windows, rear defogger, tilt wheel, original cat back exhaust with flowmaster muffler and original dual stainless steel tips. This TTA has been well taken care of and is super clean everywhere. It looks and drives very much like a low mile version. Drive this rare collector muscle car for less than market value.

NEW parts: Battery, EGR valve, steel braided oil supply and return lines on Turbo, intercooler flushed clean, Fel-Pro intake and oil pan gaskets installed, AC Delco plug wires, plugs, ignition module, coil pack, air filter, synthetic oil change with slick 50 [always used], transmission and rear end fluids changed with Royal Purple, new horn, intercooler shroud, new lower air dam deflectors, new interior lights. TA-49 Turbo by Precision Turbo rated 800 CFM upgraded turbocharger installed - largest stock appearing TTA turbo, 3" Turbo intake pipe and 2.5" chrome intercooler to plenum pipe, Duttweilwer intercooler neck, Hemco intake plenum, cylinder heads professionally rebuilt 3 angle valve job added LT1 V8 valve springs 100 lb. seat pressure, 10% under drive crank pulley, NEW timing chain, NEW Melling lifters & Speed Pro pushrods, NEW GM head gaskets, upgraded timing cover with larger oil passages and high pressure oil pump, NEW progear double roller adjustable timing chain, NEW roller cam button prevents wear on timing cover and a NEW harmonic balancer.

Viper alarm installed with a remote power lock and hatch release. Has smooth idle and crips shifts. This TTA was never raced, but has made some passes run at a local track and went 12.03 @ 118 in the quarter mile. The car has not been raised in excess of 20 PSI and runs excellent. Just passed NYS inspection [July '07]. This Turbo Trans Am runs very well and is a pleasure to drive.

I have the original 20th Anniversary Owners Kit including the factory windsheld banner; door decals; leather owners manual case; Firebird Trans Am Owners Manual; 20th Anniversary Owners Manual Suppliment; Pontiac TTA cassette; letter from Pontiac and 20th Anniversary key fob, Pontiac Historical Society [PHS] documentation, very rare original 20th Anniversary plug wires in excellent condition, original P245/50ZR16 Goodyear Eagle "Gatorback" tires [in good condition as they were taken off at 16k], correct GM floor mats with "Turbo Trans Am" custom embroidered in them, PACE 11 CAR festival plate, [2] GM 1989 Firebird Trans Am Formula GTA service manuals & special TTA service manual supplements, 1989 Official Indy 500 Program, Decals and Pin, original Pontiac 20th Anniversary Trans Am sales brochures, a folder containing all receipts and maintenance records along with PHS [Pontiac Historical Society] documentation including window sticker showing the delivery to Jim Weston Pontiac and a total of $31,198.00.

I'll trade up or down for an '87 Grand National.

SOLD

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Called and left you a message....

But here is a few pics of the car I would be willing to work a deal with...

img8795my9.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot G1 at 2007-07-26
img8790jy5.jpg

img8793ji3.jpg

p7270660lb9.jpg

Shot with X450,D535Z,C370Z at 2007-07-29

Have more pics....Whatever you need.

Quick run down

100k miles
Champ aluminum heads
Te-44
atr cam
Trw forged pistons
steel rods
standard crank 010/010
all arp bolts throughout
ATR downpipe/Headers/Pitbull exhaust/Cold air kit/
Trans was rebuilt as well as a new 2800 stall conv.

Car was not raced...Just a car show cruiser...Hasn't seen over 14psi in years.And still runs pretty strong even at that low boost.

Tires are new...Rims are the nicest I have seen,All the brakes are new...As well as all the sensors,Body Bushings,Gas Tank.

No rust...None.Runs and drives excellent...Ac works,Roll down windows,And manual locks,Cd player with all the speakers replaced/Upgraded.

All the receipts for the Engine work done(Reputable Shop)

Thanks,Shawn
732-778-2273 anytime

Thank you for the 8 series offer. It's very nice - but I couldn't trade it even up for that car. Now, I will most likely let the auction run out. Unless I sell it local - as it's listed in my local paper.

-Chris

Sorry Shawn, I thought I got back to you. I'm going to let the auction run out now, unless there is a local sale on the car.

Thanks for your interest!
Chris

Thanks 11sec monster, but I'm going to let her run out.

Thank you to all who PMed, emailed and called!

-Chris

Sorry Shawn, I thought I got back to you. I'm going to let the auction run out now, unless there is a local sale on the car.

Thanks for your interest!
Chris

No problem...If I really want this car to move..I will just ebay it.It should bring a pretty good buck on there.

Chris, congratulations on the great number. That's what I like about an auction where the reserve is hit relatively early. A wanted car will get into a bidding war, which benefits the seller.

SOLD.

I'm proud to say that the car went to a Trans Am collector/driver and not a dealer. It's a real nice driver that should be in the hands of a real nice driver.

-Chris