TTA motor for sale

Stock downpipe, flex pipe and cat as well as the transmission crossmember and stock turbo were also sold a couple years ago.

I have been responding to multiple Pm's on this car when I get the chance. I am not in a hurry to sell anything. Offers are always welcome but at this point I will be very firm on what I am willing to take. If you feel I am asking too much, so be it. I will stop responding and hold onto it. This has been the one car I have had for 20 years, another 5, 10 or more years won't bother me one bit. It will just get passed down to my kid.

Car is going to be sold locally. I am in negotiations with someone off of this site... As of right now sale is pending.

This is a once in a lifetime shot at scoring a true built # matching TTA motor. I won't take a dime less than 8k. Take it or leave it. I am willing to sit on this thing for ever.
8k for a engine is a lot. Way way way to much. You will keep it for sure

It's not just an engine though....it's a engine plus trans plus turbo plus converter. An engine with work too. If you think that's way way way to(o) much you should probably be looking at a different car.

It's not just an engine though....it's a engine plus trans plus turbo plus converter. An engine with work too. If you think that's way way way to(o) much you should probably be looking at a different car.
I see. The way it was said made it seem that the engine was 8k only.
I would have said it like this:
Engine price:
Transmission price:
Engine and transmission together:

A built transmission is about 3k and a nice ball bearing turbo is about 1800. That's what I paid. So yeah I can see that. As long as there's receipts to back up all the work it's a good price. If not it'll be difficult to sell.
Anyone can clean up some parts and call them rebuilt.

There is a engine and trans with turbocharger all still assembled for sale on Craigslist. Asking price $2500. But no said work was done on it.

There is a engine and trans with turbocharger all still assembled for sale on Craigslist. Asking price $2500. But no said work was done on it.
Built trans costs $2200.00
PTC converter is $599-$1000
Roller Cam setup $1000
Turbo $1000
JE Pistons $600
MAF Translator $349
Injectors $300
This is just whats listed. We dont know whats been done to heads, intake, TB, rockers, etc
The price is not bad at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Built trans costs $2200.00
PTC converter is $599-$1000
Roller Cam setup $1000
Turbo $1000
JE Pistons $600
MAF Translator $349
Injectors $300
This is just whats listed. We dont know whats been done to heads, intake, TB, rockers, etc
The price is not bad at all.

This all the work that was done to that engine and trans?

Yes, you are right. I didn't explain that like I should have . 8k was for the whole car, not just the motor and trans. If I sold just the roller car I would probably be in the $2,500 range. It is a high milage car (160+) but is completely Rust free and like I posted before, I have had this thing since 98 and have a lot of money and time invested in it. I could sell the roller to the Mazda croud in a second.

Last edited:
Yes, you are right. I didn't explain that like I should have . 8k was for the whole car, not just the motor and trans. If I sold just the roller car I would probably be in the $2,500 range. It is a high milage car (160+) but is completely Rust free and like I posted before, I have had this thing since 98 and have a lot of money and time invested in it. I could sell the roller to the Mazda croud in a second.
Did the car sell ?