TTA Engine Anchor by Hi-Per Products

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
Anybody using one of these? Any hints for installation? I put one on but haven't driven it yet. Took 5 minutes.

Any drivability issues with it (since it mounts to the driver's strut tower)?

Doing this mainly to help track and eliminate possible false knock.

TIA :)

I have the same thing except home made. Chain with grade 8 bolt and some nice thick large area washers on the strut tower and 1 link over the alternator strut bracket. Works great, just need to shorten the chain 1 link. You may notice more throttle response as the engine doesn't make 1/4 revolution before transfering any power:D :D :D

I picked up a stainless turn buckle (thickest and strongest they had in the size I wanted) from a local H&S as well as a stainless eye bolt. The eye bolt replaced the top alt bolt. I ran the turn buckle from the eye to a hole already in the inner fender well. Not the strongest but unless you are making a ton of HP it works well. I have been asked about it by several V8 guys. Since the 6 will not don't shock it from a standing start I have never had it break.

Here is a PIC.

http://www.goattraks.com/displaypic...s.com/garage/BrentG/tanats03/bgtanats2003.htm!

Brent

I have the engine anchor by Hi-per products.

Reduced my KR on shifts dramaticly.

I thought it should have been a little better paint job but I will take care of that later.....Good product in my book!

Bo

tta583, you should have warned me to put on sunglasses before viewing that link:D There is enough white under there to make me blind:D Looks alot cleaner than mine though, I think I will go with a more subtle color though.

I also used the anchor from Hi-per products, it worked quite well.
Just make sure that you don't over tighten it because that puts a
constant strain on the alternator bracket. I now have the poly
motor mounts so I no longer need the anchor, but it is a good
product for the money. I agree with TT/Ameasap about the paint
job, mine looked like they dipped it in a can of black paint and
then shipped it before the paint was dry.

James

Thanks for the responses.

Mine is silver, no paint....OK with me....VERY light weight.

Very glad to hear about TT/Ameasap's loss of KR :)

Here the thing....those tie downs are pretty Mickey Mouse, I had one. Go to Home Depot, get a turnbuckle with a hook on one end and an eyelel on the other. There is a notch in the A-arm to hook the turnbuckle. Use a short piece of chain and run it to a unused threaded hole in the head....Solid as a rock.

Originally posted by KIDDBOOST
Here the thing....those tie downs are pretty Mickey Mouse, I had one. Go to Home Depot, get a turnbuckle with a hook on one end and an eyelel on the other. There is a notch in the A-arm to hook the turnbuckle. Use a short piece of chain and run it to a unused threaded hole in the head....Solid as a rock.

I run mine from alternator top bolt to crossmember as well..thank you Home Depot :). Use a stainless eye hook in place of the top bolt on the altm and hook to the crossmember. Barely clears the drivers header..but been on for 2 years now..

I get it. There are a number of ways to do this....I have one now, interested now in how loose/tight you run yours?

:)

firm not tight. Its just to aid the motor mount, not replace it.

Like Julio said firm but not tight. Mine moves a little when giving it a tug and it works very well.

Set it and forget it!:p

Hi,
I have been running one now for a few years. The only problem I have with it is that it squeaks at an idle. What happens is the end of the flat metal piece that bolts to the strut rubs the eyelet of the turnbuckle. Any one else experience that? Tightening it or loosening it a bit only temporarily stopped it. I need to jam a small piece of rubber in there.
Later,
James

I'll keep an ear out for the squeak....Thats all any of us needs is another squeak, huh? ;)

My anchor came with rubber grommets in the holes of the flat pieces attaching to the alternator and tower strut (rubber between flat piece and the eyes of the turnbuckle). Maybe that will reduce or eliminate the squeak. I still haven't driven it....The anticipation is such fun :)

I'm crossing my fingers to see less KR (from false knock)

I'm retired, but, have so little time.... :cool:

Yeah mine has the rubber grommets too. It seems to work well...I haven't taken it off....lol
Use it. Have fun.
James