TTA Cloth Interior Car vs a "Festival Car"

Saint Bernie

Turbo Regal Saints Fan
For those who know the TTA:

They made 187 cloth interior TTA's, but not all were used at the speedway.

How do you value the non "Festival Cars"? I know they made way fewer than the leather, but the leather was an "option" they did not get.

The Festival Cars should commmand a premium, does a later run cloth interior car enjoy that premium?

Doing my homework.

150 were shipped to and used @ Indy (plenty of info and photos myself and others posted over the years over @ turbotransam.com).

For some of the festival cars we also have additional documentation like who actually drove it during the days of the event (press people and other "famous" people).

Festival cars do have a bit more history to them making them more collectible if you like however that is not always the case as prices are up and down really.

Some people prefer a cloth over the leather interior but not sure they would pay much extra for it.

I think in the end it comes down to mileage and condition in general and if a festival car that would be a plus for some buyers out there.

Would be interesting to hear from owners of festival cars if they did sell for more at the time; same from anyone that sold a none festival car (cloth / t-top).

Jan,
Thanks for your reply. These cars are similar to the Turbo Regals in that they have collector value. I see value ranges based upon mileage and condition.
Less than 10,000 miles and less than 20,000 miles seem to be the best ranges for holding their value. Do you have any insights to "market Value" on those two ranges cloth or Leather?
Thanks

I don't think there will be much of a difference in value between the two unless it is in a hardtop, which is 24 leather and 15 cloth made.

I don't think there will be much of a difference in value between the two unless it is in a hardtop, which is 24 leather and 15 cloth made.

I would agree having seen what these cars sell for ... heck even a hardtop was a really hard sale when one of the guys were parting with one and lowered the price several times before it sold at what everyone thought was way below "market value" for a hardtop :-(

I would keep an eye out on ebay for a while as there's always a handful on there ... and same for craigslist and of course on here and also over at turbotransam.com