TTA #38 on ebay Claiming festival car??

LotusS4

Hey Everyone,
Theres a TTA on ebay with the number #38 in the title. The owner also states the car was at Indy. But....... It has a Leather Interior????

Funny thing is, this car was at the NADE dealer auction a couple weeks ago and was claiming to be #38 there also. The seller even went as far as to say that there was only 60 cars at indy. Now I am pretty sure he was claiming this as there is about 60 cars in that press photo that was given in all the press kits.

How hard would it be to just do a little research and almost every site with info on the TTA states the number of cars at the track and also that they ALL had Cloth Interior.

eBay Motors: Pontiac : Trans Am (item 300263587038 end time Oct-09-08 18:16:08 PDT)

I am not sure if this is the same seller from the auction or some poor guy listened to him and thought they were buying something they were not.

They did but very few still have the original numbers still there. Some people have put the number back again.

Based on the Vin of this car, this should be a much higher TTA # also.

PHS would also be able to verify it but I am pretty sure this could not be #38 or have been a car at indy.

John

It was at Bordentown a couple weeks ago, I had cars running in another lane so I missed it come across, I checked after and it was no-saled. At the time, that vin was also on a website for sale asking $14,900 but it was in the mid-west.

I am not sure if they re-ran it the next week because I was not there.

JOhn

there is no pin on the dash pad and the antenna is broken in the up position. this car is a load of crap in my opinion. I wonder what he'll get for it?

Where's the owners kit? And I like how they dont show the drivers side bolster or pixs of the steering wheel. Those are sore spots on all these cars.

When I was 17 me and Dad went to the Indy Pontiac dealer auction and got my car back in the summer of 90. The story was that it was "used at Indy by Indy officials" at the time there was also some cloth interior hard tops in the auction. Being 17 and not knowing I focused on the leather and t-tops. Anyway, I never found out for certain if it was used at the track... it was in the mix with some cloth hardtop cars...I wish I could go back in time to see what was up. Besides that, the car in the auction looks really clean and nice... I think it matters most to the owner. I'd be happy with the car in this auction from at least what I've seen in the pictures.