TTA #0016 Track times.

Dominic

Went to the track with our TTA. 11.44 @ 118 on 17/18#'s boost 1st and 2nd gear. Creeped to 19/20 at big end. Stock block, ported stock heads, old 64 turbo, stock intercooler, dutt neck, ATR exhaust. No alky yet. This was on a 26X8.5-16 tire and 100% stock suspention.

Plan on going in the 10's next time out. ;)

Nice numbers! Get alky on that bad boy! 20psi can get scary without it! :eek: :cool:

Gonna haul her out to the TTA reunion next year? I'd love to see it run! We will have TTA race classes there! :cool:

4923843159_519e2070a7_o.jpg

Already have Alky Control, just have to install it. I want to take my time and do a nice, clean install. It will be on by the time i make it back to the track. But from what i can see Julio's alky kit it Very Nice! Can't wait to install it!

I wish the reunion was closer, i would go. Would be really cool to bring festival car #0016 to a huge TTA gathering for sure! Thats a long haul for us Cali boys. definately would not be able to take time off of work to do that, sounds like fun tho!

Alky is the only way to fly with these cars for sure! Doing a nice clean install means a lot! I've put his kit in 2 cars and if you just take your time they install clean and easy for sure!

You Cali guys need to get some guys together and rent a car carrier and haul some TTA's out to Ohio next year! I know some guys in the middle of the country that are going to rent a 4 car hauler to bring some TTA's out. Even if you make it for just Saturday! Getting a picture with Scott Kelly, your car, and the dash plaque with your name and vin will be worth the trip for sure! :cool:

track times

wow those are great times, esp without alky, did you have reace gas??

Keep up the good work!!

Jarred.

wow those are great times, esp without alky, did you have reace gas??

Keep up the good work!!

Jarred.

Yeah, it was on race gas. Im a firm believer of "over octaning" these turbo 6's. But i'm old school, next time out i will fill tank with C-16 and use alky, lock down the wastegate, and put a turn in the fuel regulator....then let that thing eat some alky and boost!!! and tune it from there.:biggrin:

I'm definately not scared to give it boost, just don't want the Air inlet temp up high, or any detonation.;)

Yeah, it was on race gas. Im a firm believer of "over octaning" these turbo 6's. But i'm old school, next time out i will fill tank with C-16 and use alky, lock down the wastegate, and put a turn in the fuel regulator....then let that thing eat some alky and boost!!! and tune it from there.:biggrin:

I'm definately not scared to give it boost, just don't want the Air inlet temp up high, or any detonation.;)

With the numbers your already running an additional 5psi for a 25 psi and alky you may get an 11 flat or in the 10's!... Sweet!:cool:

ya that is sweet. I have an alky chip and always run pump gas and alky. Go for the tens!!!!! You can do it. I love the feeling of 25 psi.

Jarred.

Went to the track with our TTA. 11.44 @ 118 on 17/18#'s boost 1st and 2nd gear. Creeped to 19/20 at big end. Stock block, ported stock heads, old 64 turbo, stock intercooler, dutt neck, ATR exhaust. No alky yet. This was on a 26X8.5-16 tire and 100% stock suspention.

Plan on going in the 10's next time out. ;)

Nice low boost pass. Your plan should be attainable if you light the wick some more and wait till you get some good temps up at Sac. Raceway. From my understanding that track can see negative DA's in Nov-Dec. Good luck.

Nice low boost pass. Your plan should be attainable if you light the wick some more and wait till you get some good temps up at Sac. Raceway. From my understanding that track can see negative DA's in Nov-Dec. Good luck.

Sacramento raceway is well known for low D.A. in the fall, hoping to make it out there on the 9th of October. Turbo is on the pipe instantly and my best 60 ft from last time was a 1.59, i hope i don't break the rear end:mad: Chris at CK Performance built the trans, not worried about the trans, he does excellent work.

I will keep you all posted when we go again.

Keep fresh fluid in the rear.. its capacity is 3 pints.. not a lot.