TT 5.7 fueling question

GN Junkie

Hey guys, switching from TE44 to 6262 any opinions on what a good baseline WOT fuel increase on my chip would be assuming comparable boost?

5.7 TT chip set up for 25psi
E85
80lb injectors
Hotwired 430lph w/volt booster

Hoping to just add fuel to chip not send it back in is that realistic? Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the rest of the setup. If its stock heads/cam, you may not need to add much. If ported heads/bigger cam, then you might need to add a lot.

Try adding 15% and see what happens (creep up on WOT in case it goes too lean).

In the end, you'll most likely want to reprogram the chip with higher default fueling to keep it safe.

I just switched a turbo on a car yesterday. It didn't have the correct chip for a stock turbo in it and had pulled 17% fuel to get the a/f closer. The stock turbo was all in at 24-25psi and the a/f was rich over about 4400rpm. Supposedly it was burned for a 6262. I put on a 5857 and reset to base settings. With the new turbo at 26 psi the fueling was much closer. O2 millivolts .762 at 115mph. I don't have Wideband data but it's definitely using a lot more fuel than it did with the stock turbo but not until the rpm was high enough. I wouldn't expect your engine to use anymore fuel at all unless you turned the boost up beyond the 25psi. Maybe a little bit more as rpm went past 5000 but that's it. The 44 probably wasn't out of steam yet

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Thanks for the replies guys appreciate it. Sorry forgot to mention working with a stock long block here. Got the new turbo on, weird thing is the car is rich w/ 6262 at the same boost level vs previous TE44 22psi..... AFR 10.3ish O2 mill 82x. I actually pulled 5% fuel and it's still high 10 AFR. I guess Bison is right turbo doesn't mean much unless you're gonna turn it up. I'm just surprised at 22psi vs 22psi it didn't want more fuel.