What turbo and intercooler combo?

gn.87

Time Capsule
Ok folks. I just installed the DW 300 fuel pump, 80lb injectors, Hotwire including the intermediate in tank wiring and the Caspers volt booster. I am switching to E85 and ordered the TT chip. Now I am ready to order a new turbo, down pipe and front mount intercooler. The question is what would you recommend me for a turbo, down pipe and intercooler. I decided to go front mount and am looking at the RJC 3.25 inch mega-cooler set up (megacooler IC-325) and possibly their 3" down pipe. I will order a torque converter after I decide on what turbo to go with. Help please.

What is your goal? How about the rest of the motor....heads, cam, injectors, etc.?

He said converter would be based on the turbo he selected, thats why it is not mentioned.

I think I mentioned the 80lb injectors and converter will be after the turbo is selected. The quarter mile goal is 10.40's -10.70's. I do not plan on doing heads or cam at the moment.

I think I mentioned the 80lb injectors and converter will be after the turbo is selected. The quarter mile goal is 10.40's -10.70's. I do not plan on doing heads or cam at the moment.
You said your goal is 10.40-10.70s and you do not plan on changing or porting the heads. For that number to be possible with stock unported heads you will need to boost the crap out of it and your tune has to be perfect along with the rest of the drivetrain. It can and has been done. But a good set of heads will make that number more attainable. Realisticly with your combo as of now and adding the FMIC and appropriate turbo and converter, your car will be more in the mid to low 11 sec range.

ok, assuming I put some champion heads and a roller cam in what turbo should I go with. I decided to go with the stock location Precision intercooler. The goal is the same.as mentioned above.

ok, assuming I put some champion heads and a roller cam in what turbo should I go with. I decided to go with the stock location Precision intercooler. The goal is the same.as mentioned above.
Precision 6262 and a converter from Dave Husek. But there are a lot more pieces that come into play to make that goal. Just be aware that bolting all this stuff on won't yield you those results right away. If the transmission isn't up to snuff, it will give up the ghost really fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your dreaming[/QUOTE

I personally think if I am running E85 with 24/25lbs of boost, 80lb injectors, 6262 ball bearing turbo, 3" down pipe and an aftermarket intercooler with weight reducing parts (glass bumpers and more) I should be able to run at lease 10.70's w/out heads and a cam. if I'm off in my opinion than I'm sorry.

you can disagree with me all you want,but the your not going to run 10.4's at 24psi on a stock head and cam with a 62 turbo.i know what it takes to run that number.

you can disagree with me all you want,but the your not going to run 10.4's at 24psi on a stock head and cam with a 62 turbo.i know what it takes to run that number.

I have been doing some research and you have a lot of experience with different combo's. I can't argue that. Lets say I do the 62 turbo should I get a bb and a billet wheel or just a billet wheel. I will also order the stall converter at the same time so Mr. Spool what converter and what version of the 62 Turbo should I go with? Again I have decided to go with the stock location Precision intercooler. With the stock heads and cam the new goal is 10.70's-10.80's. Please help.

With the stock heads and cam the new goal is 10.70's-10.80's. Please help.
although its possible to dip into the 10 on unported heads and stock cam,you should pull the stock heads for a 10 sec car and have them ported.for a 10 sec car id like to see a mild cam ported heads.fuel system,built trans 9 inch converter,28 spline axles with an eaton posi,brake mods or transbrake to hold boost,taller slicks or drag radials,any 60 series with a healthy sized ex wheel,intercooler,stock ecm or xfi, a great tune with the right amount of boost and afr with cushion,good driver.see it adds up fast;)

I agree with Mr. Spool. My car has unported heads and I have dipped into the 10s also but the rest of the combination is what makes it possible. Suspension, tune, transmission and all the other pieces have to come together to make those numbers on unported heads. If I were you. I would change my goals to a more realistic number or at least pull the heads and get them ported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My combo is really simple and based upon my 1/8 mile time, it is capable of running 10.7-10.8. See signature for combo.