Tsunami ***VIDEOS***

I'm not sure if there's a glitch or if I've exceeded my storage space but I can't upload the Phuket Beach video. I'll do so later after everyone's had a chance to see what's up there now then I'll delete and try again.

Typically tidal waves aren't what people think they are. Most people invision some sort of HUGE surf wave like in Hawaii 5-0. That's not what they're about. It's like a sink filling up too high and running out all over your countertop washing all your crumbs away. The crumbs meaning people and houses.

not much really gets to me any more, but thats very sad to see. 35,000 dead already, i'm sure by the time i post this that number will be significantly larger, and there expecting the number to double from disease.

i'm thinking the ones that died in the initial wave are the lucky ones.

at least it was a natural disaster and won't lead to another war.

77,000 as of today and people are looting and they are worried about a civil war. Scientist I read are saying that this quake was felt in Central Park NY and it actually moved the earth's rotation and the days are now milliseconds shorter. They are saying this was of biblical portion. I do not know how true is it, just relaying what I read on-line. :(

And it'll only get worse. They're counting 125,000 so far and I'll bet it'll be 150,000 in days. :(

Quake felt in new york??? dont think so because I live in Okinawa Japan and nobody felt a thing from the quake. We usually get small quakes about every 3 months but just enough where you can feel it but last only about 3 seconds. I was surprised though that we didnt feel it though. Kinda of scary since we live so close to the ocean but everything in Okinawa is made of concrete to with stand our monthly typhoons we always get.

In these photos released Thursday, Dec. 30, 2004 by DigitalGlobe, the shoreline of Banda Aceh in Indonesia, is shown on June 23, 2004, above, and Dec. 28, 2004 below, after the tsunami attack. (AP Photo/DigitalGlobe)

Attachments

• shoreline.jpg
    shoreline.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 421
Here's a pic of the 1st of some 6 waves :eek:

Caption reads
"Tourists try to rush to safety before the tsunami hit the Hat Rai Lay Beach in Thailand. The water had receded before the deadly wave struck."

Attachments

• tsunami.583.jpg
    tsunami.583.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 379
I heard an account today where the guy said usually a normal earthquake for them would last 30 seconds. He said he knew it was bad when he was still feeling it for 3 minutes. I couldn't imagine! I have never felt one so I wouldn't know. I always thought that if we ever had one here in MD it would be a big one. Better communications could have saved most of those people! Sad!

Originally posted by CallMeMud
I heard an account today where the guy said usually a normal earthquake for them would last 30 seconds. He said he knew it was bad when he was still feeling it for 3 minutes. I couldn't imagine! I have never felt one so I wouldn't know. I always thought that if we ever had one here in MD it would be a big one. Better communications could have saved most of those people! Sad!

There were a series of earthquakes here in Maryland about 10-12 years ago. The magnatude was not that high and the epicenter was in Columbia. I didn't feel the first two earthquakes. Ironically both times, I was driving and didn't feel a thing. But I felt the third one.

The problem with an earthquake here is that the bedrock is stiffer on this coast, so a light earthquake will shake more here then in an equal mag. in California.

I just missed the earthquake in CA the last time I was there. It was in Pasa Robles? I went that direction going to LA but didn't stop in. One of these days before I kick the buket I am sure I will witness one.

Originally posted by Intercooler
I just missed the earthquake in CA the last time I was there. It was in Pasa Robles? I went that direction going to LA but didn't stop in. One of these days before I kick the buket I am sure I will witness one.

Man it is nice to see that Sig back. :cool: :cool:

Since I don't have the Buick anymore, I'll talk about something else................much more important too!

Matthew 24:7-8 7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 "All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Originally posted by wlaukaitis
Since I don't have the Buick anymore, I'll talk about something else................much more important too!

Matthew 24:7-8 7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 "All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Makes you wonder:(