TSO rules for 2011

Does anyone object to a base weight of 3300#'s? It seems like everyone's posts are coming in around that area. If so, then we can determine what, if any other penalties we want to impose

You can count out one car on your list if he's going to weigh in this much we won't be showing. No penalty for liquids, any 88 turbo, #3200 base weight 275 radials is OK, no stage 2 weight penalty.

Does anyone object to a base weight of 3300#'s? It seems like everyone's posts are coming in around that area. If so, then we can determine what, if any other penalties we want to impose

Cal, I'm OK with 3300#

George

#3300 is fine, anyone with a #3200 car can easily put in 100 lbs exactly where they need it most, probably be a few over that weight also that don't have that tuning "wrench"

You can count out one car on your list if he's going to weigh in this much we won't be showing. No penalty for liquids, any 88 turbo, #3200 base weight 275 radials is OK, no stage 2 weight penalty.

Wow, I'm suprised you are so interested in this class since you sold your car. You say you the new owner won't race the class because he might have to weigh more than 3200#. We haven't even discussed weight breaks and penalties. Since you are so involved, will your old car have a liquid on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I'm suprised you are so interested in this class since you sold your car. You say you the new owner won't race the class because he might have to weigh more than 3200#. We haven't even discussed weight breaks and penalties. Since you are so involved, will your old car have a liquid on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will have a liquid and it will be built to run the X275 class with that as a priority. I was asked to attend a couple Buick races with them and either drive or crew chief.

Here are the rules.

Rules X275.net | X275.net

3300#
3250# with 275 DR
any 88

lets see where the cards fall

I am thinking about running TSO this year. I would like to propose cars running a 109 block weigh 2800 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone while taking a dump.

I am thinking about running TSO this year. I would like to propose cars running a 109 block weigh 2800 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone while taking a dump.

Id like to propose you give every one in the class 2 of whatever your smoking.

Tso

I think we should keep it close to X275 ruels and others so you can run other events with out makeing alot of changes to your Car. I like the idea of the L Cooler and mount the Turbo were ever you want to. I think that helps kep these Cars alive and going faster were we can run at the different events and not just dying off.

Thanks for posting Chris. I forgot about your new TSO combination. I need to add you to the list of potentials.

1. Dave Fiscus
2. Don Cruz
3. Tony Gomes
4. Manny Espizo
5. Roy Garcia
6. Bobby Don
7. Chris Lyons
8. George Thompson
9. Avon Thorpe
10. Brad Tennison
11. Ted A's old car
12. Gene Cassidy
13. G-Body car (Art P)
14. Dave Leonhart
15. Rich Reezes
16. Chris Hogeland
17. Todd Humphries

Plus the 4 TSL cars and someone claiming to have an 8sec109:rolleyes:

I have tried to call most of the TSO car owners whose phone numbers I had. If I didn't call you, please give me a call at 321-863-2303 if you would like to discuss something offline. I'll throw a few questions out just to get an idea which direction most want the class to go. If you don't have any intention on racing the class, please don't respond. If you plan on racing and don't respond, don't complain later. This isn't a final vote, more of a feeler so we can keep things moving.

1) Class weight:
a)3200 b)3300 c) 3400

2) Weight penalty for liquid intercooler:
a) no penalty b) 50# c) 100#

3) Weight break for 275DR
a) no weight break b) 50# c)100#

4) Allow any 88 turbo
a) No b) Yes c) Yes with a weight penalty

FWIW: For those wanting to mirror X275, if I read the rules correctly we would have to weigh 3000# with the current 47-88 and 100# penalty for Promod 88 & GT55R

bcac Also i think we should keep the cars to 88 turbos one of the challenges with these cars is spoolup the smaller turbos have a huge advantage there in racing conditions it presents a problem for anyone on the other side a small exhaust leak and your done . Theres plenty of tsl cars having them jump is fine for car count but i would rather run our own class .One thing no one has brought up is safety tech ppl keep goin faster 25.5 is gonna add some weight i would think its hard to get under 3300 with out fiberglass and lexan . The 275 weight break dont make sense since hoosiers are holding all the 275 records running faster then anyones gone in tso and pretty equal to a 10.5 slick with a better sidewall .