TSO Race at BG - Would like to join the fun BUT......need TSO racer input-

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
I would like to come down and race TSO at BG if my schedule will allow, however, my car doesnt exactly fit the rules in place.

Specifically, I have a forward facing turbo (mounting points in core support), and have a 5" aluminum downpipe that turns down right behind the turbo / in front of the crank pulley.

I know the rules state that the exhaust must exit behind the flywheel, and my intentions were to have another downpipe made, but with the car being down most of the season due to other issues, I have not built another downpipe yet. Will I be able to race in TSO???

Also, I understand I would need to make the car available for peer review, and have no problem with that at all, only I will more than likely not be able to make it to the track friday for peer review and round 1 qualifying, but more likely drive through the night and arrive saturday for the later qualifying rounds and eliminations.

If I was able to take work off and spend a few days down in BG, I would not have posted this, I would have just shown up and seen what happens and if not allowed just enjoy making TNT passes or whatever, but since my schedule won't allow this, I'd like to know if I would be able to run in the class as it wouldn't make alot of sense for me to drive 8 hours each way to just make a couple test hits.

Let me know what you think-

Thank you,

Cliff Bryan

I have already spoken to Cliff about this on the phone. His exhaust is illegal, but I told him if he could get his peers to allow him to race, I was all for it. In years past, we would address this during peer tech and do an anonymous vote to determine if an infraction would be allowed. Since he can't make it until Saturday, I am hoping for some feedback early, to see if he can/should make the drive to KY. If you prefer to remain anonymous, send me your opinion through PM. If we don't get much response on the board, I will ask again during peer tech Friday, before he gets too far down the road.

Thank you for the response Cal - I do think I am going to come down to support the TSO racers, and see BG since I have never been there before, its just a matter of if I should haul the car down with me or not.

Any responses both positive or negative from other TSO racers is appreciated-

Well I'm not going to be able to make it after all, but car is being dropped off at a shop today to have a TSO legal exhaust built. Gonna freshen up a few things over the winter and plan on hitting some TSO races next year.

Hope everyone has a great time and keeps their cars in one piece next week-

Cheers-
Cliff

I'm sorry to hear you can't make it. We just received another $1000 towards the BG TSO payout. If something changes and you can come down, you are guaranteed $$ if you run the class.