Trying to get back into the Gn

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
Well guys and gals, my mother lost her fight with leukemia (AML) on Jan 20, 2014. Today I am taking my daughter to see a lawyer to file for her divorce. There have been so many other WTF moments I can't even keep track. I keep going out to the garage and looking at my Gn in pieces and wonder how long it will be until I can get back to smooth sailing???? I pulled the engine out 2 1/2 years ago to freshen it up and found a cracked crankshaft. (I know where MY low oil pressure came from!) At the time I was just going to get a steel crank and add billet mains so I could have a rock solid bottom end (already have forged pistons and rods). But life has been the craziest roller coaster I have ever been on since two weeks after I pulled the motor.. I don't know when things will settle down enough for me to get back to being me.... Not realy l looking for anything just wanted to vent somewhere..... Thanks for listening, Jon Hanson

I agree.
Sometimes just tinkering can give you something positive to feel good about and get your head on straight. That's how it works for me.
A ten second time slip would most likely put some spring in your step too.;)

Hang in there. Things will get better.

Mike Barnard

X2 what SPOOLFOOL said,you have and are going through alot take a little time for yourself.It will do you good mentally and physically.

Just keep moving forward. Sorry for your loss. Sorry your daughter and you have to endure that strain of divorce. Just keep moving forward.
X3 on the spool fool , break it down into small steps.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Jon, I am sorry to hear of your loss. Life can be challenging for sure. Having something to "dive" into to take your mind off it will help. Keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

Jon, good to see you are back on the board and thinking about your GN again! :)

Let me know if I can help you with your engine in any way.

Mine sat in pieces for 6 months after my Mom passed. Couldn't even get myself into the garage to straighten up the tools or workbench. Then, after some coaxing from my wife, I started working on the car again. It was therapy! As Rich mentioned above, break it down into small tasks--and once you get some momentum going,you will feel uplifted and much better each time you complete another segment.

Sorry to hear Jon. I'm going thru some rough times with my mother now and it's very difficult to say the least.

You and I met at RP in Baytown a couple years back. I had recently gotten my GN and you introduced yourself to me as I was approaching the burnout box. You had recently bought your Mustang and I believe broke into the 12's basically all stock. You gave me a few pointers that I probably didn't understand at the time since I was such a noob. I've seen you post on here from time to time and often wondered if you'd come back to the dark side. Welcome back. Hope to see you out at RP again soon...in a TR!

Glad to see you back Jon. Just to help you get back into things, there's a race in Temple on the 29th of March. It's the first Texas Buick Nationals and your car may not be ready but watching a few go down the track might help motivate you.:D Info in the Texas section and I'd be more than happy to see you there.;)

Thank you all for the encouragement! I am hoping to get started back on the car in the next couple of weeks. I don't know why but your words carry a lot of weight for me. I have a bunch of great people around both at home and work but I guess knowing that we here all have this crazy car addiction makes it different. I just want you all to know what a blessing you are to me and I thank you for it. Jon

If all you need is words here are some more. I'm trying to get me something ready to bring. I hope to meet you there.

Jon,
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Keep your face towads the sun, and you won't see the shadow.
Hope to see you in March.

Start small and vo from there..sorry for your loss but working on the car will help you to free your mind...
Now go and get some dirt under your nails!!

Sorry for your loss. It's hard to get going again but once you start hopefully it will put a smile on your face. Keep your head up.

Peter

My best advice is to try and do one thing to it each day if you can. Even if it is as simple as 3 bolts. That's 3 bolts you don't have to do later. Before you know it, the car gets back together. Trust me how I know. My car sat for over 5 years in shambles and I was getting depressed. Finally got it running with a mild combo the past couple years and I plan on keeping it that way for a long time!