Trying to find race gas

RUBRMAN

EVADANG
I'd like to see where everybody gets there racing gas from and what octane. I live and work in the western suburbs of chicago.
Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jay

Just from what I know there is 100 unleaded on Rt 71 in Oswego, but I can't remember the name of the station it's at.
Other than that, I know Winner's Circle in Joliet sells the leaded stuff.
I get 110 at the pump where I am for about $3.30 a gallon. At least that's what it was last year, hopefully it hasn't gone up much. :rolleyes:

I've been at a gas city in north aurora, but thats a hike for me. I prefer to stay east of 355. I live in berwyn and work in elmhurst. Thanks for the quick reply. I also think that price you got went up, but hopefully not too much.

Race fuel

110 octane at citgo on 87th and central under $4.00 a gallon and CHICAGO CONNECTION ON archer near oak park is a VP dealer now.

Steve

Re: Race fuel

Originally posted by XXQUICK6XX
110 octane at citgo on 87th and central under $4.00 a gallon

....that's what I've got here.
I had no problems running 22psi and 27/25 degrees of timing on it. I think it's 106 motor octane.

I live in Southern Illinois but I know CITGO is a good place to get it around here. Only select locations will have it. If they sell kerosine in the winter, they probably have Race gas in the summer. Usually 106 octane at $3.75-$4.00 per gallon.

RUBRMAN,

Register over at www.chitownracing.com. There is a post up there with pretty much every gas station in the area that sells race gas.

I get mine from the Speedway on 183rd and Harlem in Tinley Park. 110 CAM2 for $3.39/gal.

Leaded Cam2 110 Octane is available at the pump at the Marathon on 64 in Sycamore. It is $3.89 per gallon.

Thanks for the replies, I will try chitownracing. So far the one on 87th and central is the closest to home.

race gas near Harlem and Grand.

there is a gas staion about 3 blocks west of Harlem on Grand ave. that sells race gas, but I think its unleaded 101 octane. There is also a station on irving park road just west of york road in bensenville, Il that as far as I know still sells that 101 unleaded fuel. Pretty soon the race gas will cost the same as 93 octane!!!:eek:

Car shows in N/W Chicago Area

Does anyone have a list of places for car shows located in the Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates/Roselle/Hanover Park area? Fratos Restaurant at Weathersfield and Roselle Roads sponsored cruise nights last year on Thursdays, but it doesn't seem to be happening this year. I don't know of anywhere else. Thanks.

Schaumburg hooters has had something goin on. The chicago land buick board has a nice list of shows/cruises

'98 Regal GS mods

I finally had the S/C pulley changed (from 3.8" to 3.5") last week. The max boost increased by 3 psi (7 to 10). My mechanic said 3 psi translates to about 24 hp (1 psi of boost = ~8 hp). He also installed an IAT module that tricks the PCM into thinking incoming air is colder than it is. He said it should give me ~7-8 more hp, which is what SLP claims. With my new K&N air filter, 3.5" pulley, and IAT module he thinks it should dyno at ~275-280 hp, and ~315-320 ft-lbs of torque. He also said to make sure to only use premium gas. I CAN feel a big difference at launch.