Try 2: Yes or No answer. Do GNX's out handle GN's and T's?

gnx wins

There is no question that a stock suspension GNX will out handle a stock GN. Reduced or even eleminated wheel hoop is huge plus. GNX frame is stiffer. 16" wheels help as well.

There is no question that a stock suspension GNX will out handle a stock GN. Reduced or even eleminated wheel hoop is huge plus. GNX frame is stiffer. 16" wheels help as well.

Man, other than the 2 bushings and no upper control arms, how is the GNX frame stiffer than the standard regal?

By the way, the 3 link IS the new way to go:biggrin:

BW

gnx vs gn

for starters the gnx has the rear seat brace which makes a huge difference. Also the rear suspension connects the left and right sides of the frame, this can't make it less stiff. Kirbans website has a very good description of the gnx suspension and how it differs from the gn.

My dispute was how the gnx frame is "stiffer" than a standard regal, its the same frame.

I thought you would catch what i said about the 3 link is the way to go, which is quite the way to go since it is a good hooking suspension setup since the vega had it too. :biggrin:

Who is Kirban? He never comes here and visits:(

BW

what up BW...kirban is that car parts and car seller....hehe....the wife said no limited for me btw......anyway this is off topic...see ya

Did they ever do a slalom test on the two?

I would think the GNX would have slightly out handled the GN due to the tires/wheels, the rear seat brace, and the extra body bushings. The panhard rear suspension was said to have caused binding though in the turns, & was primarily for launches.

But the GNX has one major disadvantage, greater losses in value due to aftermarket improvements. Throw a grand or two at the GN suspension, add to the value, and then see how it does against the legend. That test will most likely never happen.

Did they ever do a slalom test on the two?

I really dont know, but i do agree on alot of your points.

Did you ever see the motor trend in 91 or so, when they did the ZR1 and it slalom'd better with the donut spare? Maybe it was 89, hell i forget!

I say, either car GNX or 87 REGAL TURBO (NON GN) Weighing the exact same should corner pretty much the same with the same wheels and tires.

The panhard and torque arm back then may have been the extra edge over the smaller tire cars, but now im betting that it really wouldnt be much of a big difference. Tire technology is far advanced on either size!

BW

In my quest to build the infamous, albeit non-existent 1 of 1 TNX, I was planning on putting a Kirbans GNX rear on it. I have the SLP 17" ZR1's on it with 245/45/17 up front and 255/40/17's on the back. But if it would make the car handle poorly I may have to just make a custom differential cover and upgrade the stock suspension. That is why I am asking.

What I'm doing is solid lower control arms, adjustable uppers, 1 3/8" rear sway bar, and an LPW rear cover w/brace kit. There's also the HR parts rear sway bar option, but I already have a bar. I also went with the favored Bilsteins. And there's always the rear seat brace kit, along with the missing body bushings.

Whatever you choose will most likely help dramatically.
Good Luck!

** Up front, if you go with a front mount IC, you can also use the F41 braces. Stretched ICs get in the way of those I think.

*** What's a TNX?

Gnx

I sometimes drive my friends GNX and it does handle better. Stiffer and firmer ride..sort of like a Vette...;)

*** What's a TNX?

LOL, exactly.

A TNX is a monochromatic Dark Garnet Red T-type with GNX fender flares, louvers, 17" ZR1 wheels sporting 245 & 255 tires, a custom GN inspired burgandy/grey interior, custom TNX badges, and a GNX rear end.

:tongue:

if i wasn't such a computer retard i would put up a link thingy but if you go to gnttype.org and do a key word search in the archives for richard clark and click on thread #11 it gives an answer to your question right from richard clark, the guy that developed the reproduction gnx suspension for our cars. he installed it on my car, wich is kirbans former test car, the car handles damn good and rides solid as a rock

if i wasn't such a computer retard i would put up a link thingy but if you go to gnttype.org and do a key word search in the archives for richard clark and click on thread #11 it gives an answer to your question right from richard clark, the guy that developed the reproduction gnx suspension for our cars. he installed it on my car, wich is kirbans former test car, the car handles damn good and rides solid as a rock

So you have Dennis' old car, cool. Post some pics if you ever get a chance, after reading so much about it over the years I would like to see some color pics. I forgot that I am planning on puttin 4 wheel Baer disk brakes on my car too.

So you have Dennis' old car, cool. Post some pics if you ever get a chance, after reading so much about it over the years I would like to see some color pics. I forgot that I am planning on puttin 4 wheel Baer disk brakes on my car too.
the problem with posting pics is i'm absolutely beyond computer illiterate...but if i ever figure it out i will...it's a nice car, however some on this board make my jaw drop...

the problem with posting pics is i'm absolutely beyond computer illiterate...but if i ever figure it out i will...it's a nice car, however some on this board make my jaw drop...

If you have pics on your computer:

- go to Pics Or Ban - Free Image Hosting
- click "browse"
- select picture to upload
- click "submit query"
- highlight and copy the line with the [ img ] [ /img ]
- paste that html code directly into a post in here and it will display your picture.

x2 i also have it- on the only t-top car in the world so far

better than stock gn and it is more than just tires.i have freinds that have 16inch replica gnx wheels and can roast them in the turns.
no body roll or lean, really great handling -and i still use the gn 15 inch rims

x2 i also have it- on the only t-top car in the world so far

better than stock gn and it is more than just tires.i have freinds that have 16inch replica gnx wheels and can roast them in the turns.
no body roll or lean, really great handling -and i still use the gn 15 inch rims

i can vouche for this i drove my GN and gnocide's GN with GNX suspension world of diff it was around my house!! it wasent sloppy like my GN roasting those 16 around bends i wish i had that rear john!!