Trunklid and bumper covered in oil

Berman

So whenever I drive my car, the trunklid and bumper get covered in some oil. I looked under the car to see if it's coming from there but I don't see any (I'm thinking rear main seal or something). I figure it would be all over the muffler and the underside of the car.

Could it be the oil seal in the turbo going/gone?? The turbo works but the car seems very sluggish. It's a dreaded PT52 btw.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem and thought the turbo seals were going.

Changed PCV valve and problem cleared up. I think at boost it was sucking oil through T/B and out exhaust.

Worth a try.

John

87T

This might sound stupid, But i have the same problem. It was the silicone I spray on the tires to make them shiney. It looked like oil but really was that.
good luck,
Ralph

How does oil from the motor get on the trunk and bumper? I would think it would have to be losing a LOT of oil to get that far back. Especially since you don't see any under the car. Where does your exhaust exit? Smell the fluid on the trunk. Gear lube has an unmistakable smell. Look around the pinion seal and the rear cover and see if they are wet. When my pinion seal let go on the Power Tour, it left small droplets all over the bumper and backside of the trunk. Get it fixed NOW or you will be rebuilding the rearend. btw, my car uses a small amount of oil too, but it doesn't end up on the trunk.:)

My exhaust exits at the right rear of the car. I will inspect the read end in the morning.

Originally posted by Berman
So whenever I drive my car, the trunklid and bumper get covered in some oil. I looked under the car to see if it's coming from there but I don't see any (I'm thinking rear main seal or something). I figure it would be all over the muffler and the underside of the car.

Could it be the oil seal in the turbo going/gone?? The turbo works but the car seems very sluggish. It's a dreaded PT52 btw.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem:mad:. My leak is coming from the rear main seal :(. If you look under my car you can see where it is coming from. I really only get it on my truckled and bumper when I drive on I-95 at 55-80+ mph.:D Well it will have to wait until I get a new motor :rolleyes:. Oh well.