True Grit...a great western!

PLAINWHITE T

Tree peddler
I'm probably biased because I am fan of westerns, but if you're looking for a great (PG-13) movie to see over the holidays, True Grit can't be beat! I thought that with it being a re-make it would not live up to the original but I was pleasantly surprised. Jeff Bridges is outstanding and the charactors compliment each other really well. I really enjoyed it!

I'm probably biased because I am fan of westerns, but if you're looking for a great (PG-13) movie to see over the holidays, True Grit can't be beat! I thought that with it being a re-make it would not live up to the original but I was pleasantly surprised. Jeff Bridges is outstanding and the charactors compliment each other really well. I really enjoyed it!

Agreed. Wife and I saw it last night. Bridges is awesome in this movie!

Awesome. I'm always leery of remakes, but the previews did look really good. I plan on seeing it this weekend. Thanks for the heads up!

the last real western was Unforgiven.

I saw "Unforgiven"...great movie, but my personal all-time favorite is "Wyatt Earp" (1994, 191 min.) starring Kevin Costner, Dennis Quaid, Gene Hackman, Linden Ashby, Mark Harmon and Michael Madsen...

Claude. :)

I have not seen it yet, but if the Coen brothers do a movie, it certainly gets my attention. Loved no country for old men, fargo, the big lebowski, so i would bet true grit would be great...

I hated some of the feedback this movie received. Some people were saying it was too slow, too boring,..etc. I loved it. The performances were great, the dialogue was witty, the characters were memorable, and it stayed very true to the spirit of the book and also of the 1969 original.

It felt more real of a western than probably some more memorable films like Unforgiven or 3:10 to Yuma. It's probably because of it sticking to those tropes that it'll be overlooked in the Oscars this year with the possible exception of some nominations for Steinfeld, Bridges, and Damon.

I agree 100% having seen True Grit.....the overall film and music score and touches of humor and dialog was great. Not to mention the scenery....they interviewed 15,000 little girls for that role....amazing...

Wish they made more westerns 3:10 Yuma was also good as was any Clint Eastwood film (Unforgiven) ....I member watching him as Yates on the TV series Rawhide....Clint was told by critics years ago he would never make it as a major star.....boy were they wrong on all accounts.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

course at my age I saw the original True Grit with John Wayne also....

course at my age I saw the original True Grit with John Wayne also....

I saw it as well Dennis and it was one of the best movies that I can remember. I have no desire to see the new one because it can't be beat. John Wayne was and is one of my favorites and no re-make of a movie will be good enough to me.:redface: