TR's too popular??

Black Death

Lately now everywhere i go im seeing a new turbo regal, or clone on the road, i think GN's TR's are getting very popular these days, anyone else notice. personally i like the small community. i hope its notgoing to be a fad with new HS students, like it was for mustangs...

i dunno , im bored ,reply if u will

Most of the GN or TR owners seem to be 28 & older up my way.

From the guys in the NEBRA group I would say I saw a few young guys under 30 but they were not like 17 to 23..

A whole new Gen seems to be buying them. Like myself
I wanted one in 86 But I was married & looking for a home in 86.

The idea stayed in my brain till one night I was at NED in 1998 seeing a LARGE group of 3 TTA's & 25 TR's owners racing.. that was the icing on the cake.
I HAD to have one!

I have yet to see one in my town other than mine. Other people tell me they've seen them, but who knows if they really know what they're looking for.

I like the small community also. But when I got my car, I caught my self finding more of them on the streets. Same with my daily driver. If it is the fad of HS students, the streets will not be safe. I first got mine while I was in high school. I had to prove to the kids that it was(now faster) fast as (at the time) a new cobra.:D And we all know how to prove that, right;) . That is just my opinion.

locally, in my town, there are like 3 gns that i know of, and 2 ttas. one gn is owned by a guy with a 10 sec notchback stang, the gn is pretty stock, one is owned by a kid like 20-21, and another is a toilet (some guy with dreads). only had a chance to race one, and i smoked it.

There's only two TR's in my town and they are both in my garage.:D There are a few in nearby towns but they hardly get driven.To hell with that ,I had a garage queen GN that collected dust for a few years.So I sold it .Then I decided I needed one to drive.So then I bought another and another.The most Tr's there ever was in my town was 3,that was back in 91-92 when I only had 1 GN.

Its a real rarity that I see one here, there are 2 in my driveway, and there is a crappy looking 86 around my neighborhood. The people I have met on the street that have one are on this board and all under 21, (im 19) and have very nice cars. I think they are getting popular with the younger crowd but there are so few around that most of the owners know what they are and would never rice them out or anything like that.

Originally posted by d0n_3d
hey quit picking on the 20 year olds...we aren't all that bad:p

Word!

Excluding cruises and car shows, I've seen a grand total of 4 TR's on the road since I got mine. Compared to the MILLIONS of 'Stangs/F-bodies, I'd say our cars are still a pretty good secret from the general public. I like the low-profile:cool:

Since I've redone my GN in july this year, I haven't seen any on the road. But 2 weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet 6 more Buick owners in the Columbus area. So hopefully the Rustang owners will be seeing more of our TAILLIGHTS;) in the future.
Tarey D.:cool:

I've seen a few guys in Victoria with turbo regals, I chased a guy down once in a parking lot to chat about it, but he didn't seem keen (I am one of those punk kids with a TR, 22 now, bought it when I was almost 21) talking to me.

A guy with a local machine shop has one as well, which is (according to his workers) insanely fast, but it has never been apart, so I hope he doesn't break anything.

Seen a couple of others, one at my university in the teachers reserved parking, the owner didn't respond to my note. Guy must have owned it for *years*, the number of stickers on his license plate was at least 1/8th of an inch thick.

Another guy called me after I bought my 85 wh1 and wanted to know if I wanted to sell, then called again later when he found an intercooled GN, I still have his information somewhere, but it's hard to make the time. Can barely touch the car let alone go talk to people about them.

If anybody on this board is one of those people, hi :)

Getting to be quite a few around here.......and at school, I know of 2 or 3 others besides mine.

PS-dont pick on the younger fellas :-D

I like being 17 and Having a TR...kids at my school have noooooo idea what this cars potential is except my friend that have gone for a ride...Here its all about the fart cans, stereos, wings, and wheels...not for me:eek:

Originally posted by GN ERGY
Since I've redone my GN in july this year, I haven't seen any on the road. But 2 weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet 6 more Buick owners in the Columbus area. So hopefully the Rustang owners will be seeing more of our TAILLIGHTS;) in the future.
Tarey D.:cool:

:cool:

I'm 19, out of the group of us that met I'm the second youngest. Another guy is 17. :)

I've seen a few driving around... maybe once a month.

Originally posted by Mr. Tee
I like being 17 and Having a TR...kids at my school have noooooo idea what this cars potential is except my friend that have gone for a ride...Here its all about the fart cans, stereos, wings, and wheels...not for me:eek:

Very sweet car. I always loved the fact that no one knew what my car could do, that way no one messes with it (although, when I was in HS I owned a El Camino with a 355 so the loud exaust and cam was kind of a give away :eek: ).

Your car look great with the GNX wheels. :)

Unfortunately no one from Saginaw or Midland with a GN in on this board. I am told there are a couple VERY fast cars around here but I have not had the luck to meet them. I have seen a red TType and 2 piece of complete crap GNs. One had so much salt on it the car looked white (plus it smoked so much it looked like a diesel) and the other I looked at for a guy on this board and it had MELTED rear tires and a hood and front end painted with a paintbrush :mad:

hey man, im 17 and in HS! its not my fault!! there are a bunch of TR running around here, i see them on a semi regular basis, i keep seeing a Dk metallic blue Ttype running around, i saw a white one last night, and i see GN's quite often, i think what is happening here, at least for me is that i really never noticed them before i owned one, i mean i never noticed el caminos until i owned one and ever since then i see them all over, i think we are just seeing more TR's because we have a sharper eye out for the sweet cars.... but to come to think of it i have only seen 1 TTA

Originally posted by kenny
:cool:

I'm 19, out of the group of us that met I'm the second youngest. Another guy is 17. :)

I've seen a few driving around... maybe once a month.

Very sweet car. I always loved the fact that no one knew what my car could do, that way no one messes with it (although, when I was in HS I owned a El Camino with a 355 so the loud exaust and cam was kind of a give away :eek: ).

Your car look great with the GNX wheels. :)

me too, except mine was stolen on the last day, so i got a GN now

peace

neil

florida has a TON of turbo regals running around...when i was on vacation down there a couple years ago i saw GNs all the time...

in my town there is a TTA, 2 GNs to my knowledge, and a T-Type

well im 20 now, and ive been waiting to have this car for 6 years now, ever since i was in 9th grade i alwas wanted a GN, i knew the darkside.............NOW I SEE THESE KIDS WITH THEM!!!! GGRRRR theyre stealing my dream!! soon as construction season beggins agian ill have more money to finish up my car untill then ....... Im on long island, new york, and theres about a dozen didfferent types of TR's When i ever i go out i usually see 1, its like a sign from someone in the blue yonder sending me a message to finish my car already lol

right around the corner from me is a 86 regal with a 383 swap, then last night i saw a blue T-type, i dont know if it was my neighbors cause it was gone when i went back to it late last night, then theres a 86 white t-type thats pristien. and mmany more around my area nassau/suffolk, i always see one for sale in the paper or special interest, and when i dont have the money i find the best 1 to buy ad when i do, its already gone.....

Went to track last sunday and had 3 TTA's including mine and lots of TR's WE GOT PICS:D

I see all kinds of TR's and GN's around here! This is like TR/TTA capitol here in FL.

Big TR race coming on march 2, Bradenton motor speedway:cool:

plenty of TRs in my areas. most are toilets that i've seen time to time as daily drivers, a few sitting in driveways with no motors. some nice ones come to the local cruise nights. i only see one on a regualr basis and its owned by a teen, its a toilet. i'm the only one who races them at the locals in my area.