troubleshooting ESC (XFI)

kidglok

Balls Deep
after seeing my caspers gauge show knock from time to time (over bumps, tires breaking loose) i noticed my logs never showed it. I have the esc set to 10.00 with attack rate of 1.00 and decay of .5

i opened the tps all the way while the car was idling, and tapped around the back of the block by the esc module with a screwdriver....and no esc was recorded on the datalog. Any idea what could be causing this? using caspers adapter.

thanks- james

if you are not running version 2.0, there is a sticky for ESC in the ECM forum...

if you are not running version 2.0, there is a sticky for ESC in the ECM forum...

sorry i shouldve said that....i am running 2.0, software version 2.01 and caspers adapter (xfi to gn)

and its not that its just recording but not pulling timing, it doesnt show at all

ttt anyone?

i kno this may not be xfi related not sure what to check since the caspers gauge appears to be working...

I would assume you "T"ed into the yellow factory esc wire when you installed the guage. You may want to disconnect the guage and retest, just in case the guage is somehow messing it up

I would assume you "T"ed into the yellow factory esc wire when you installed the guage. You may want to disconnect the guage and retest, just in case the guage is somehow messing it up

yes, i soldered the knock gauge to the yellow wire. I'll give it a shot, thanks

It can take a good solid hit to register. Try a 1/2" rod about 2' long. 3-4" pool cue motion on a area around bell housing.
Knock sensors on rear of block, esc module is on fender well I believe.