trouble locating a part, can you help identify it ?

Jonuk

Hi, after a bit of a frustrating day i managed to crimp and bust the metal fuel line that runs up the front of my 231 3.8 (n/a) engine into the carb at the fuel filter section :mad:

I packed everything away and came home to search the net and order a replacement one, trouble is, i cant find one ! it must be down to american terminology over UK terminology, we'd call it a 'pre-formed' steel fuel line, i've looked for that found nothing, can anyone help with the correct name for this part so i can get one ordered ASAP.

many thanks

Jon.

If you find something let me know, but I couldn't ever find a fuel line for my car when I re did the engine so I used rubber fuel line. If you need the fitting that goes into the carb I maybe able to help with that I have spares. But the fuel line itself you'd have to either use rubber like I did or purchase some 5/16 line and bend it yourself. That I tried 2 times and got even more frustrated because it wasn't turning out good.

http://www.84cutlass.com

Typical.... another mission impossible for the damn car :rolleyes:

i'll get on it and see what i can turn up.

classictube is the other company that reproduces fuel and brake lines.

i've been on both of those sites, i phoned inline tube and the guy was very helpfull but said the '79 301 4bbl line listed, which was the closest spec to mine may not fit, plus the shipping would be so expensive to get it here it proabably wouldnt be worth it, which is quite true, i'm just being lazy, i'm sure i'm quite able to make my own up.

I'll price it up as i do it (in stainless) for information and if it turns out perfect you can all ask me for one ;).