Trouble connecting laptop to T-com or FAST

1st and goal

I've got an old NEC Versa 5060 laptop that I've used on both the FAST software and the T-com software.

Last Wednesday I had the laptop connected to the car and did some driveability tuning and then planned on going to the dyno on Saturday to tune my Z.

On Thursday I called my tranny guy to go over how to change the T-com so the converter would lock up and the tranny wouldn't downshift. I had the laptop with me and wanted to look at the tables as he talked to me about them as I don't use the T-com too much and without being connected to the car it wouldn't let me into anything so I chaulked it up to not having it connected to the car and left it at that.

Yesterday I get to the dyno and go to change when the converter locks up and change the downshift points when I get the following error message

On the title bar it says "TCU not found" and inside the box it says
"Cannot Establish TCU Communication (-23)

Press any Key to Continute..."

I then tried to connect the same laptop to my fast system and now it won't connect to either the DOS version of FAST or the FAST WP version it says "TCU not found"

WTF????

I Borrowed another cable from the dyno shop and tried to connect using their cable but no luck.

I then copied the program to a floppy and deleted the T-com folders and re-installed and still no luck.

I then installed the T-com onto an IBM thinkpad and I get the same error message??? I can use the IBM thinkpad to connect to the FAST system using the FAST WP program but no luck on the T-com.

I went over to a compuer buddy's house and the checked the laptop and cound't find anything wrong with it and he checked the com1 port and it showed that it was working but we didn't have anything to connec it to to make sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc

YOur using windows 95 or 98 i hope, go to device manager , ports, com1, properties, resources it should read

irq 4
0F38-03FF

anything else dos is never going to work for com 1 anyway

Hi,
Both laptops are Windows 98.

Found the Communicaitons Port (Com1) Properties and it says:
General Tab:
Device type (Ports (Com and LPT)
Device status ("This device is working properly")
Resources tab:
The box for "Use automatic settgins" is checked.
Under Resource type it has input/output range of "03F8-03FF"

Under Conflicting device list it says "no conflicts"

Port Settings tab:
Bits per second - 9600
Data bits - 8
Partity - None
Stop bits - 1
Flow control Xon / Soff

Driver tab just says Communications prot (Com1)

I didn't see "irQ4" anywhere.

Marc

actaully its say interupt request and its right under neath the 03F8-03FF.

go to the dos prompt and run your c-com or t com

for c-com dos you could try

cd\

then enter

it will say c:>

then type cd\c-com

then hit enter

then type

cc.exe com1

or com2, com 3, com 4 and so on you could try

Looks like the Comport died.:rolleyes:

I called Mike Taylor over at FAST and he sent me the Windows version of T-Com and it works on my IBM Thinkpad so off to the dyno I go.

Marc