triple gauge pod?

Originally posted by Mike70gtx
There might be one of the vendor sponsors. I know you can get them at www.guagepods.com for about $45

Yup, thats the same company that used to be called LOTEK-
i have a triple in my car that replaces the entire pillar piece-

looks and works great
BW

So does the Lotek fit well or not? I've heard some mixed results...
Anyone got pics? :)

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
Yup, thats the same company that used to be called LOTEK-
i have a triple in my car that replaces the entire pillar piece-

looks and works great
BW

I have it in my car as well, but it didn't fit so well. None of the screw holes line up so how did you bolt it down? Also it doesn't couurve around the door frame like the stock piece so what did you do to fill the space so you can't see the wires from the side?

If you have some pictures that would be great. I might need to rearrange the wires, but I can tell you that my piece doesn't fit so well. I'm happy that all of the gauges are working well though and I'm seeing plenty of oil pressure.

The quality on those are questionable to say the least. some people have no problems and so peoples fit like crap.

a trick i've heard done to help with the fitment is to heat up the plastic with a hair dryer to get it soft and flexible then while its still hot mount it on the car and work the plastic to where it fits better, then let it cool and it will set. it might take a few tries with the dryer but it should get it to work right.

you also may need to do some surgery with a steady hand and an x-acto knife to trim parts too.

I have the tripple that replaces the pillar ,I have a t-top so I had to trim the top . When installed it fit like crap huge gaps all over , However the color/ texture was dead on. So I broke out the heat gun and got it nice and hot slowly formed it to wrap on the edge like the oem one after about 30 min it looks real good. So just take your time and have a wet towel to cool it down after you get it bent so it holds that position. It's also handy when you burn yourself with the hot plactic:D

Excellent suggestions. I really appreciate it. I will pull it down tonight and try heating it to make it fit better.

I guess that I was so happy that all of the gauges worked on the first shot and the car is running well that it was a minor problem.

3 gauge pod= rice

get a 2 guage pod it looks much better and alot less ricey in my opionion

Originally posted by trbo6gn
3 gauge pod= rice

Hell they all look like Rice. The right way is to get the GNX dash or similar setup. I prefer the less expensive but very functional 3 pod. Now I see boost, water temp and oil pressure.

Originally posted by trbo6gn
3 gauge pod= rice

what ever man, i like to keep an eye on my boost, trans temp and oil pressure-
Since my car is a column shift, there isnt a place for the dual pod in the center console so i had to opt with the triple gauge pod-

Marc87GN-
i redrilled the holes to make it work and suck up tight against the apillar. the gap is less than 1/4 inch at most and i taped the wires to the back of the lotek so the wires cannot be seen.

i used
one common ground wire for all gauges for the lights and senders negs
one positive wire for power for the lights
and one positive wire for the 2 gauges to work.. boost only needed wiring for light.
wired it all up on the bench and screwed it to the a-pillar.

BW