Trip to the dyno!!!

billsgn

Hard Member
Frank, thanks for setting this up. It was great to meet you, Dan and Mike there....your car is SWEET!!!

I'm glad I was able to get my car back together and to the dyno before they shut it down for the night. I was really surprised with how strong my 120K mile engine was running. Max HP was 369.9 and 445.5 ft. lbs of torque with 19lbs of boost. I do believe there is a lot more that can be tuned into it. The fact that my TPS is not getting to WOT is definately hurting the performance.

Thanks again for your help. It was a lot of fun and I cant wait until the race season begins....:D :D :D :D :D

Bill

Billsgn

Bill,

Glad to hear that you had a good time. After a set of 50msd and more boost you'll be cracking 500ft lbs for sure, and even if you don't upgrade think of it like this. Your 15 year old 120k mile car makes more power then a brand new Z06 vette for a 1/3 of the cost.

Now mark you calender for TTIV....

This where you'll meet a group of great guys and gals with a common intrest.

Frank

17 years old!!!

Frank,

You're killing me!!! I just put those 37 pounders in!!! Now you want me to get 50's??? :D :D :D :D :D

It's actually a conspiracy, Bill.
Frank convinces you to upgrade parts, then I buy the "old" parts from you for cheap :D

Oops, I probably shouldn't have said that out loud :eek:

Great first Dyno run! You are well on your way to tuning-in one quick beast.

haha....funny stuff!!!

Dan, if you want, we can arrange something like that....:cool:

I just wish I could have been there sooner to "tune" a bit more. Frank was saying that there was a lot more there. I am very pleased with what we got, but cant wait to try it again!

Bill

Bill,

Will do another dyno day before TTIV. Ths way kyou'll have time to get your intercooler, injectors and anything else that you may need. Plus I would like to open this up to the area as well and have a Turbo Regal as the torque king for this shop. Were close but not yet.

I still want to compare race gas to my alky kit so, I will definetly be setting up another day. Plus for me it was my intercooler that was holding me back. I was most certainly outflowing the stock intercooler so, there's a new one on the horizion. Most likely January I will pick up a strech CAS V4.

Merry Christmas.
Frank