Tri-State turbo club (Cincy) April meet

national84

Heavy breather
The Tri-State turbo club is putting together a meet for a weekend in April. I know this is a little close to the nationals, but we are all jonesin' for a get together at a track. Nothing too organized, just an informal day at the track.

We haven't nailed down the specific date yet, but I am thinking mid April....Saturday afternoon test and tune. The track is completely scheduled for the year, so we couldn't rent it out, but they invited us to come anyway, we'll bring our own grill, and coolers and have an informal race and BS day. There should be some pretty good minds there ripe for the pickin" and a few impressive turbo buicks and Syclone Typhoons as well. The track is Tri-State dragway, its and IHRA track, and they do their bracket racing on Sunday. So, if you wanna stick around and run for money or trophies or whatever on Sunday, you could. The track is about 15 miles NW of Cincy.

Edgewater (NHRA) is only a few miles (6 or so) from this track and they do specialty deals on Sundays usually...musclecar day, mopar day or whatever. I will pin down the dates and find out for sure what is going on locally that may be of interest.

Also, for afterward festivities, I have access to a private club/bar that we could pretty much have full run for $1 beers and debotchery. There are plenty of hotels within 10 min of the track for those that want to stick around, and I am sure we can find a friendly parking lot for some bench racing or whatever.

Pencil me in.
Thou, I have to make a trip out of town, I'm at their whim for when.

Looks like its going to be 4-17-04. We are working on additional activities to make this a good time even after the racing is over, and will post info as it becomes available.

Suggestions are welcomed.

The track info is available at www.tristatedragway.com

Food will be provided burgers dogs chips type of thing...so, I would like to know how many think they will come...this will help when ordering the meat.

Also, I think we will be bringing our Hot Air Conversion intake car for a little ass dyno action. For those you interested in seeing the the new intake this will be the first chance.

Drags

Hey,

Just a displaced Texan here. I noticed you guys would be drag racing on April 17th. I'm on active duty down here at Fort Knox and wouldn't mind getting out to see some racing. Left the 87 Turbo-T at home but wouldn't mind watching. Are you guys up by cincinnati?

Out,
John

Track opens at 1:00...and racing stops at ^, so some time in between.

Hope to see a big crowd for this thing.

We got the hotair converted car running. Bad news is appears to have a rod knock or something very drastically wrong inside.

Being a bunch of people were wanting to see it run, we are both very disapointed.

I will say it idles terrific, minus the loud banging. Started right up, without any tweaking.

Now question is, do we bother trailing a broken car just to show engine in car, do I pull intake and bring pieces and pictures?

Let others hear sound, get a concenses on what is broken?

On any hand I am taking video tonight of it running and banging.

Guess it is time for more than just a cam swap and new bearings.

Any idea of the costs to race? Might be worth a trip. I would love to get this beast in the 9's!!!

Its like $5 to get in $15 to run.

Just bring a cooler full of your favorite beverages, and lunch is on us.

PS the track says no glass

Well, guys it was a good meet today, great weather,a nd met some new turbo buick perverts. If ya missed it, we'll be doing another soon.

See ya in Bowling green.