transmission slams from 1-2

amt-type

Was just wondering if you guys could give me some help. My GN kind of slams from 1-2 and then all other gears shift smooth. If i get on it from a dead stop it shifts fine from 1-2 just when im cruising is when it slams into second its pretty noticeable to me anyway. What do you guys think.

Could you give us some history on the transmission or car? Did you just purchase the car or install the the trans? Has this just started to happen? What converter is in the car?

sorry i dont know much about it. I know that it has a older perfomance rebuild dont know what just know it has a artcarr 3k stall converter in it. Would a shift kit cause it to slam into second. And my wife got the car for me so im assuming it was like that when she got it.

hello people; That's a cable adjustment that people will tell you what to do. But when I got my car it would churp 1st to second all the time. I lived with it and it got better after a while.
IBBY

Yes, certain "shift-kits" would cause second to shift hard while cruising. There are different techniques done to make the second gear shift like that. You will have to drop the pan, valve body, 2nd accumulator and pull the servo to see what has been done to modify the second gear shift. Search the board. There is a lot of good information here.