transmission rebuilt time?

TURBOELKY

well, I guess its time to start a thread on my tranny :( 67k original miles. Seems like after I did a fluid change, filter and tv cable change, it dont shift like it did :confused: I used some chevron dextron mercron fluid, and adjusted the cable right. Seems like the more I drive it, it is getting to slip more and more. During hard acceleration, first drags longer than it should I think. and from second to third it flares up in rpm. Under light driving it drives and shifts fine. On the freeway, shifts like a champion, up shifts and down shifts fine. Do any of you suggest I try something like fluids or suppliments before I break out a couple grand? Because right now I dont have too much extra to spend on a tranny, because I know i'll go with a new converter too. :rolleyes: any suggestions will help. TIA. :cool:

Several things, make sure it is full of fluid. Down one quart may be enough. Second, are you positive that you removed the old lip seal for the filter and make sure no one else prior to you left a lip seal in the pump where the filter goes. Are you positive you didn't tear the lip seal when you installed the filter? Make sure the tranfer tube on the valve body is not loose and allowing it to suck air. Finally, try taking a click or two on your TV cable prior to pulling your trans.

Give us a call if you have any questions, Mark

Well

to tell the truth, when I pulled the filter, the rubber lip of the seal ripped off. When I pushed the new filter in, it did click, and was tight. I guess i'll drop if this coming weekend, and double check that. the tv cable was adjusted like I was told, take it all the way out, then floor the gas pedal, it will adjust its self. I did that, then yesterday, I try'd adding a few clicks or two, got worst, I'll get into it more this coming weekend, thanks :cool:

TURBOELKY said:
the tv cable was adjusted like I was told, take it all the way out, then floor the gas pedal, it will adjust its self.
You mean all the way in, as in towards the firewall correct?

yes

MeanBuicks said:
You mean all the way in, as in towards the firewall correct?
:D all the way out as towards the fire wall. I had it half way foreward towards the header panel when I first install'd it, the thing would rev high, and shift hard as hell. THen I learned how to adjust it properly. :rolleyes: