Transmission Overhaul

globber99

HI, i am looking to buy an 87 or 86 gn as a project car and really the first thing that i do to it is i want to put in a new transmission for around 2 to 2.5k. Im not sure if this can get me a good one or not but hey. See i do everything on the precautionary side and i want to take care of the stuff that can break from mods before i start adding the performance. This car would be mostly for street with the occasional strip. When i am done with the car i want it to be around low to mid 10s on dots and race fuel. Can anyone recommend someone around the Jersey area who can give me what im looking for.

check out www.ckperformance.com .we are located in new york and have several distributors in new jersey.go to the site and check out our stage 2 2004r .youll find all the info on the build up in there and also a story about our stage 2 as tested by the gsxtra is under tech information .

Dynotech Performance

I live in Maryland and am going to have my tranny redone. I am going to take it to Dynotech Performance in Manville, New Jersey. I have heard from A LOT of people that Eric Schertz builds GREAT transmissions. I had asked about there transmissions a few weeks ago and heard nothing but good things. I also know that his Hi Pro transmission is around $1400. If you can find my post from a few weeks ago you can hear more about them. Hope this helps.

Scott

JG screwed up my trans so bad - kept my car for 3 months to redo it, charged me to redo the new trans, and it was still screwed from the minute I left the shop. I just kept on going - no point in putting myself through any more abuse!

Not starting a bashing thread just relaying my personal experience upon hearing mention of JG.

I'd recommend Eric Shertz in Jersey as well.

Keith Mease is in southern Jersey and can hook you up with one of Erics trannys as well.

Worked twice for me one has about 1K on it and the other about 2K.

Just another alternative if you like driving. ;)