Transmission Guys in the area?

GetOwnedVette

So when I bought my car it was listed as fully built transmission with billet servos and trans-go shift kit. Well fully built to me may not mean the same thing as it does to others. Therefore I'm spending most of the day looking aimlessly for the stack of info and receipts that came with the car ages ago. Hopefully it will shed some light on fully built.

I would prefer to not ship the trans anywhere since that is hella $$$$. But I would like to take it to someone that knows what they are doing...go over it, tell me what it needs, and do the work. As much as I would love to just order a $2500 one from CK and call it a day I'd like to save some money if possible, especially if I'm already 1/2 way there with my trans in its current form. Any good suggestions? Driving a trans to chicago area I don't mind. Would just like to know if any of you have had a good person to suggest that knows their 2004r!

So when I bought my car it was listed as fully built transmission with billet servos and trans-go shift kit. Well fully built to me may not mean the same thing as it does to others. Therefore I'm spending most of the day looking aimlessly for the stack of info and receipts that came with the car ages ago. Hopefully it will shed some light on fully built.

I would prefer to not ship the trans anywhere since that is hella $$$$. But I would like to take it to someone that knows what they are doing...go over it, tell me what it needs, and do the work. As much as I would love to just order a $2500 one from CK and call it a day I'd like to save some money if possible, especially if I'm already 1/2 way there with my trans in its current form. Any good suggestions? Driving a trans to chicago area I don't mind. Would just like to know if any of you have had a good person to suggest that knows their 2004r!

Jimmy's Transmission, 847-949-7507. 888 N. Tower Rd. Mundelein IL 60060. The best in the Midewest. Jimmys-trans.com. Brad

Jimmy also Don't forget about Lonnie also! Shipping isn't that bad, or a nice little road trip!

Jimmy's all the way, no one can touch his warranty or customer service. I have seen problems with all the big name builders out there, shipping back and forth with them is big money as well as pain in the ass. I know few people that waited for two months to get the tranny back from out of state known good builder. When you have car that runs hard, you will run into problems thus stay with someone that's local so if you have issues, all you have to do is drop it off instead of getting a hold of the builder, shipping company, paying someone to pull the tranny and so forth. It’s not worth it and it will be very frustrating. We had few local guys that got their trans from a well known tranny builders and guess what they ended up taking the car to Jimmy to fix problem they had with the tranny.

At Jimmy's you drop your car off and pick it back up when he tells you. He does not charge for R and R. Once he build your trans even after several years, he will charge you like three or four hundred bux to go through it plus whatever parts costs. He may have done over 40 transmissions for my friends and I. Always a standup guy and more importantly he stands behind his work.
HTH
Prasad

At Jimmy's you drop your car off and pick it back up when he tells you. He does not charge for R and R. Once he build your trans even after several years, he will charge you like three or four hundred bux to go through it plus whatever parts costs. He may have done over 40 transmissions for my friends and I. Always a standup guy and more importantly he stands behind his work.
HTH
Prasad

Yes sir. Jimmy did mine 7 years ago and did a r&r for ~$400! He is the man.