Transmission gurus: name this part!

84ttype

I found this when I dumped the Trans pan, not sure if it was there before or after I drained the transmission to be honest. it looks like some kind of small filter(its plastic and the white part is a screen) but when I found it it was rolled down over itself like in the third pic. the only issue I've had with the Tranny is that its been whinning a little under heavy acceleration but i also found a leak and it was about a quart low on fluid. Chris from CK if your out there this is a TH400 you built.

0905001628.jpg

0905001629.jpg

0905001630.jpg

Looks like a governor screen/ filter

is it fairly easy to replace? i still have the pan off right now, but i have no idea where that came from.

Is it a manual Valve body? if so and its the gov filters,toss it and put the pan back on.
I have built a ton of 400s in my years and this is the only filter that type i remember a 400 having

screen

Governor screen assembly--goes in the cover half of pump--pump has to come out to get it back in--IMO toss it.

Where in the tranny is the governor filter supposed to go? transmissions are a real weak spot with me I dont much about them, but im guessing the part is supposed to go in a hole somewhere? And Otto it is a full manual reverse shift pattern valve body, so if this is the governor filter I can run without it??

Part is

The tcc filter that goes in the backside of the pump. How it got out of there is beyond me. That is odd unless it fell out during an installation of the pump. Not that big of deal and trans will function just fine without it. Not a huge issue.

Bruce
WE4

cool, thanks for all the help guys. I was kind of worried for a minute there that it would be a big problem. atleast I got a new pan with a drain plug now so it will be easier to change fluid and keep an eye on things.

Problem solved, thanks again.

The tcc filter that goes in the backside of the pump. How it got out of there is beyond me. That is odd unless it fell out during an installation of the pump. Not that big of deal and trans will function just fine without it. Not a huge issue.

Bruce
WE4

This is a T400 Trans, not 2004R.