Transmission fluid recommendations

oldtimer

I notice while looking at the Neale Chance website, that they recommend using Amsoil's Compressor Oil, iso46 SAE20 in all race automatic transmissions, especially turbo cars due to the heat build up while spooling.

Anybody use this or have experience with it ?

Comments from the tranny gerus would also be appreciated.

George

I notice while looking at the Neale Chance website, that they recommend using Amsoil's Compressor Oil, iso46 SAE20 in all race automatic transmissions, especially turbo cars due to the heat build up while spooling.

George

Nobody ?????:confused:

The use of hydralic oil is not new, for extreme use in drag racing it holds up much better viscosity-wise and has better flash temperature control, but could not tell you how it would hold up in a daily driver, most likely would tarnish/gum a bit easier due to lower detergent value, but it works quite well at tighting up extremely high stall converters when used behind "Mad Power" engine combos(in excess of 1300 hp). Some builders have a controlled "Bleed" converter fill system for PG's & TH400, Lot's being learned about harnessing today's engine outputs.

Kevin.

Tractor fluid. Mobil 424 or John Deere low viscosity stuff.

If you're running a T400, add 4 qts and the rest tractor fluid. The tractor fluid is clear and the ATF adds color. I've used tractor fluid in my 200 will no ill effects. Will now will be using it in the T400 as recommended by Lonnie.

I picked a 2.5 gal (10L for you George :tongue: ) for $34.00 (my price) from Grainger.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

George

i am using the Amsoil compressor oil in my th400 recommended by Neal Racing. i should be firing up this weekend and hopefully i will be at the track soon....Bob

Tractor fluid. Mobil 424 or John Deere low viscosity stuff.

If you're running a T400, add 4 qts and the rest tractor fluid. The tractor fluid is clear and the ATF adds color. I've used tractor fluid in my 200 will no ill effects. Will now will be using it in the T400 as recommended by Lonnie.

I picked a 2.5 gal (10L for you George :tongue: ) for $34.00 (my price) from Grainger.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy, are you saying that you use 4 quarts of ATF and fill the rest with tractor fluid ?? If so, what type ATF are you using ?

Thanks everyone for your input and comments !!

George

i am using the Amsoil compressor oil in my th400 recommended by Neal Racing. i should be firing up this weekend and hopefully i will be at the track soon....Bob

Bob,

let us know how it works, in your opinion.

George