Transmission cooler questions

D

DR. Death

My transmission is crapping out on me and is in need of repair my question is this, I was advised to abandon the cooler in the radiator and just use an external cooler as it would be impossible to flush all the contaminants from the system. Have you guys done this with success or should I have the cooler flushed and use both coolers again?

I like to see the radiator used, but I don't think you will have any trouble. Just make sure your stand alone is big enough and has complete airflow..:)

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

I just finished installing mine in series with the radiator. Uncannily, my shifts seemed to improve after the addition of the cooler. They seemed less harsh for some reason.

To add to this, the only cooler I use is a TruCool LPD cooler. This is a stacked plate design that is self regulating as to how much goes through the 'cooler' and the portion that bypasses so it is good for those cold temp applications there there might not be enough oil flow for proper lubrication (sub-zero weather, I doubt anybody here is driving their baby in those conditions). I also use full synthetic oil in any questionable situation.