translator + wiring install quick question

crownvic96

i was just test fitting all the connections on my trans + and my lt1 maf and it plugs into the lt1 maf fine. but i had to use the short adapter the trans + came with between the factory maf plug and the trans plug plug because the regualr trans plus wire won't connect directly to the harness. but the short adapter female end won't plug up to the trans plus male end. am i missing something?

It has been a year and a half since I wired mine in, so hopefully I can make some sense. If you plug the short harness into the stock MAF sensor harness, then I believe you have to hardwire the trans+ into the factory wiring. Do a search, there are multiple threads about installing the translator+ and some people have mentioned which color wires to tap into. I followed the directions I found from searching, and all went well.

EDIT: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=79295&referrerid=4221 <--- This thread is a great starting point. I mounted my T+ to the back of my glovebox with double-sided tape. I like things looking mostly factory (cut-out and man. fan switch are in the ash tray, too bad I can't hide the boost and knock gauge though). :)

well it finally went in. i was just babying the hell out of the connection because i was worried about breaking a connector. but with enough elbow grease they all clipped up fine and the car is running great.