Translator + spark base and WOT ?

Hammer231

Boost Junkie
I have an older Trans + and Extender 93 chip setup. I've raised the timing for the spark base on the MAFT+ so I should have 23/21 timing for the alcohol. Should I have instead just raised the spark wot instead of the spark base? Does adjusting the spark base affect part throttle driveability?

I usually prefered leaving spark base at 0 and let the chip take care of the streetability. You can play with it a little to see how things feel.
And used spark wot to take care of hard running. The translator + assumes WOT at 3400 rpm or higher so the wot timing comes in pretty quick.

ALWAYS know exactly where those knobs are and what values are being added to your chip's base settings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply Dave. I currently have the MAF Base set for 3" MAF rich, the MAF WOT is set to 6% lean. The Spark Base is set to position 2 (4 degrees advance) and WOT Spark at 0 (no change). I haven't adjusted any fueling or spark parameters in the Extender chip. I'm going to dial the 4 degrees advance in on the WOT Spark and reset the Base to 0 as you suggested.
In regard to fueling adjustments, how much fuel is normal to pull when tuning for Alchy with the MAFT+ ? This is with 21-23 psi boost on a mid 11 sec car?

You don't necessarilly have to reset your timing base. It was just a suggestion, something to try. You just need to play around and see what your car likes.

Just remember, always KNOW what the settings are and what you expect the results will be whenever you make an adjustment. :redface: