trans shop

Bruce at PTS in Sacramento... previous owner of the board here

Steve Culhane in Lake Elsinore did mine, but he doesn't R&R.. you'd have to send him the trans.

Len Freeman in Las Vegas. Good guy to deal with. My trans from him held up great. Performance Transmission of Las Vegas is the shop name.

Unfortunately, Performance Transmission of Las Vegas is a thing of the past and has been for quite some time now. Maybe about 2 years now. I think that Len is back to driving trucks. Len was a good guy and built good trannies.

Lou Czarnota has an "underground" tranny builder that's supposed to be pretty good.

On the topic of Len Freeman does anyone know how to get in touch with him? I have tried to call him several times on his cell # and can't ever reach him. Is he still in Vegas? I though he might have moved to Phoenix but can't verify that. He's a great guy I'd like to know what he's up to these days.

Neal

Ken at Kern Transmission in Bakersfield, he's starting one for me now and knows all about them...good guy to deal with too.

On the topic of Len Freeman does anyone know how to get in touch with him? I have tried to call him several times on his cell # and can't ever reach him. Is he still in Vegas? I though he might have moved to Phoenix but can't verify that. He's a great guy I'd like to know what he's up to these days.

Neal
As par for the course, the ones that know won't say.

i see theres alot of good shops around its a hard decision.
i will try to contact kern transmissions since its the closest...
but i think i found lous underground guy :)

Ask Mike (SPOOLFOOL2) about his Art Carr tranny before proceeding in Art's direction for a transmission. There's a reason why people went to Len Freeman & Bruce Toll. Art Carr is no longer and hasn't been a supporting TB.Com supplier / vendor for ages. I personally would not trust his crew around my car. I think that they will road test your car for free though whether they fix the transmission of not. Ask Mike about that too.

Donnie Wang down in Santee also has been known to build some great transmissions.

I second "stay away from art carr"

I have an art car trans in my GN, it flairs on the 1-2 shift, and in general
is less than I would expect of it.
other reputable trans builders have a lesser opinion of the work that comes from there.
+2 on Donnie Wang

Art Carr cracked my bellhousing years ago and didn't tell me. Just told me, after I arrived to pick up my vehicle, that it wasn't ready, 3 hrs after they assured me I could pick it up.

I will say whoever welded it up did a good job - probably not a Art Carr employee.