trans shifting late

Chris Brooks

Had the trans rebulit with a postons master rebuild,postons (J.W.) shift kit and a 2,800 stall. When I first got it back it chirps the tires on the 1/2 shift. 2000 miles later the tans starts acting crazy. Under hard accel from a start it gets to about 4500 and then it drops about 500 rpms then climbs back to about 4800 drops back to about 4200 rpms. Then about an hour later it shifts into 2nd gear. This is all at wot.
Then last night I was slowing down for a car turnig in front of me the trans downshifts in to 2nd the car in front turns and I go to step on the gas and it just reved to 3500 and sliped like crazy, car going no where no power no nothing. So I drop it in 1st and it picks up. So I drive it home and hook up the otc. The computer is saying I am in second gear all the time and the coverter is locking up when I hit the breaks.Now on downshifts the car just revs and the wastegate goes crazy this is under 3/4 pedel.
Got a diffrent T.V. cable comming, but for some reason I dont think thats it. Any one got any ideas. This is a BQ trans out of a 85 T. Any help would be good.
Thanks
Chris

>>Under hard accel from a start it gets to about 4500 and then it drops about 500 rpms then climbs back to about 4800 drops back to about 4200 rpms. Then about an hour later it shifts into 2nd gear. This is all at wot.
<<

Could be an engine problem. Is the TC locking and unlocking. What rpm's before shifting to 2nd? Did the 1-2 shift feel like it hapened with a locked TC?

I do not believe the TC should be locked in 1st - but something is going on.

>>I was slowing down for a car turnig in front of me the trans downshifts in to 2nd the car in front turns and I go to step on the gas and it just reved to 3500 and sliped like crazy, car going no where no power no nothing. So I drop it in 1st and it picks up.<<

If the trans sliped that bad - then the trans is in need of a rebuild. When you say no power, it seems like you mean no power to the ground - right? Trans is engauged in 1st, so good engine power is getting to the ground - right?

>>The computer is saying I am in second gear all the time and the coverter is locking up when I hit the breaks.Now on downshifts the car just revs and the wastegate goes crazy this is under 3/4 pedel.
Got a diffrent T.V. cable comming, but for some reason I dont think thats it. <<

If the car thinks it is in 2nd, then maybe the TC is locking in 1st. I don't believe a TV cable will solve the problem.

Take it back and tell them to fix it.