Trans problems

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
I got my trans back from the shop. Stage II shift kit, blue clutches, kevlar band, the whole deal. The problem is though, that the driveshaft won't go onto the output shaft. There is a groove so to speak that doesn't have a spline. That doesn't line up with anything, that and it is hard as hell to try to force on there. The trans was painted, and some paint got onto the output shaft. My other major problem is that the output shaft has a decent amount of play in it. If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it greatly.

OK, I guess my 2 questions here are should my tailshaft have a notch or groove or anything like that on it to align with my driveshaft? Number 2 is, should my tailshaft have any play in it at all? Please, I need all the help I can get right now.

TIA
Robes

That wide groove has no particular spline that it is supposed to
line up with. It might be put there to exhaust the air in the yoke when you slide the yoke onto the output shaft. Maybe the tail bushing is new and too tight. Maybe it was damaged when driven in. Try a different yoke. Clean off the paint if possible.
It is normal for a 200-4r output shaft to be hanging slightly below the center of the rear seal. If the shaft is almost to the seal, the end play is probably excessive.