trans fluid pushing out the fill tube

Fuelie600

Switched from non LU to Vigilante. What I did was remove tranny, had the pump blue printed and the Vigilante pump kit ( tube ) installed. Reinstalled pump, lu solenoid, and PTE rear pick up for the deep pan. The only changes to the tranny from last year are the Vigilante and pump mod. I don't believe that these changes are the cause, but I'm trying to cover all the bases. After filling the tranny w/fluid, the car will barely move in forward or reverse and it pissed tranny fluid out the fill tube. Feels like the pump is cavitating. Does the pump need to be primed? Should i run the trans on stands before trying to drive it? Any ideas as to what's happening? Thank you! Brian

Hrmm

Sounds like either the vent is plugged or converter lube tube is leaking. Sounds odd but are you POSITIVE you got the pump gasket installed correctly. It sure sounds like it points to that.

Bruce
WE4

Thanks for picking up on my post Bruce. I thought it might be the vent tube, but it wasn't plugged when I pulled the tranny. I did however stand the tranny on its tail when I removed and installed the input shaft. I was advised to remove the shaft when installing the restrictor ball as to not damage the roller bearing behind it. Would the vent tube possibly be plugged with fluid from standing it on its tail? Should I blow some compressed air thru it?I am positive the pump to case gasket is correct, and when I recieved the pump back the tube had been epoxied at both ends so it shouldn't be leaking. Might the tranny have too much fluid? It reads 1/4' over the full hot mark when the tranny is cold. I know that sounds like I am inept, BUT what I did was initially instal the same amount of fluid the tranny took before, instead of a putting some in and running it and then topping off to the proper level. I had no problems when I broke in the motor for 20 minutes in park, just when I put it in gear and tried to drive onto my trailer. At that point the tranny felt like it was low on fluid and slipping. One last thing I can think of, is that the fluid pushed out the tube only after shutting the car off ( it sounded like a pressure relief valve- made a hissing sound ). Thanks again!! Brian